• Creatively develop, coordinate, implement and assist directing middle school ministry, Confirmation, high school youth ministry, and college ministry to serve the immediate needs of young people at Good Shepherd;
• Work as a team with the youth ministry and parish staff;
• Provide radical hospitality to young people and their families;
• Maintain strong support and connection to the parish and;
• Ensure a safe environment for all youth and young adults.
• Strong personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a deep love for His Church;
• Passion for leading young people into a life-changing encounter with Jesus;
• Humble, with a genuine openness to constructive criticism;
• Joyful, authentic, charitable and courageous;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Servant leader;
• Thrives in team environments;
• Self-starter with strong initiative;
• Incessant tinkerer, constantly driven towards better outcomes;
• Effective planner and implementer;
• Highly responsive and dependable;
• Mission driven; and a
• Creative problem solver.
The Youth Minister:
• Is based in Tallahassee, FL;
• Reports to the Director of Youth Ministry;
• Has a passion for leading people into a life changing-encounter with Jesus;
• Is or will be an active member of Good Shepherd Parish;
• Will be committed to the mission, ministry, values, and faith traditions of Good Shepherd Parish and living in full communion with the Catholic Church;
• Will be a salaried employee with a benefit package, including health, dental and vision benefits, 401K retirement plan, vacation and sick pay; and
• Will be required to work evenings and weekends and other times that are necessary to meet the needs of the parish and its dynamic responsibilities and activities.
The above list of job duties is not an exclusive or exhaustive list, nor is it designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Interested and excited? We want to hear from you!
Please send your cover letter, resume, three references, and video introduction to
[email protected]. The video should include a brief introduction about yourself, your background and passion for youth ministry (this can be done using your smartphone and this can also be a self-made video). Your cover letter should include information about your faith journey and current spiritual disciplines.
Deadline: May 22, 2023
Tallahassee, FL 32309