The Facilities Maintenance Worker provides a variety of services such as landscaping, gardening, mechanical repair, general maintenance, and overall handyman.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Provides facilities maintenance services.
• Cuts grass and does general landscaping and gardening services.
• Maintains irrigation system.
• Provides janitorial support services to staff.
• Cleans and performs preventative maintenance on equipment and tools.
• Removes trash by emptying trash containers; transporting materials to disposal area; recycling materials.
• Cleans and resupplies restrooms.
• Sets up and breaks down equipment and furniture for functions when required.
• Services and reports mechanical malfunctions.
• Is aware of, reports, and removes any possible safety hazards.
• Is aware of and reports any unauthorized person on the premises.
• Maintains building interior by dusting and polishing furniture, equipment, mirrors and fixtures; washing windows, counters, walls and woodwork.
• Sweeps, scrubs floors, and vacuums carpeting.
• General cleaning and disinfecting using approved solvents and appropriate tools.
• Also responsible to perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires an appreciation and respect for the Catholic Church and its teachings. Church employees must conduct themselves in a manner that is consistent with and supportive of the mission and purpose of the Church. Their public behavior must not violate the faith, morals or laws of the Church or the policies of the diocese.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent. Relevant experience in similar position preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
• Must have knowledge of facilities equipment operation.
• Knowledge of the proper use and disposal of hazardous materials, safe handling techniques, and use of proper safety equipment as outlined by OSHA.
• Must have repair skills for minor equipment.
• Must be self-motivated and prompt in performing tasks.
• Must successfully pass Diocesan background screening and Safe Environment Training.
The employee may be required to sit and stand for prolonged periods, bend, crawl, and stretch. The employee may also be required to lift up to 75 pounds and climb ladders. Exposure to climate changes, uncomfortable temperatures and fumes. Works with machinery requiring considerable caution.