St. John Neumann Catholic High School, within the Diocese of Venice in Florida, Inc. works diligently to support and strengthen the Catholic Church and its value system. By word and example teachers support all of the official religious teachings of the Catholic Church throughout their personal and professional lives.
Our teachers embrace the purpose of teaching and witness the tenets of the Catholic Faith, instill a sense of Christ's mission, charity and service to others; draw the school community into worship and to build, support and maintain a Catholic culture throughout the School and create a vibrant Catholic culture within the classroom, emphasized through words, deeds, manner of dress and actions.
• Develops and administers school grade-level curriculum consistent with Diocesan goals and objectives
• Promotes a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to individualized and small-group instruction
• Develops detailed lesson plans and related instructional materials
• Translates lesson plans into learning experiences; differentiates instruction based on student learning style and needs
• Conducts ongoing assessment of student learning
• Continues professional knowledge of developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops and professional meetings
• Encourages parental involvement in student education and ensures effective communication to students and parents
• Administers standardized tests in accordance with Diocesan assessment programs
• Actively participates in faculty meetings and committees
• Participates in activities outside of the classroom involving students
• Minimum of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Elementary education that is applicable to a teaching assignment.
• Hold a current, 5-year renewable Professional Florida Educator Certificate; a 3-4 year non-renewable Temporary Florida Educator Certificate or be eligible for certification
• Strong understanding and knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy
• Excellent communications skills both written and oral
• Knowledge of school curriculum and concepts
• Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students
• Proficiency with computer network systems and software programs
• Ability to use technology to enhance student learning
• Strong planning and organizational skills
• Complete and pass a FDLE Level 2 background check
We offer a competitive salary, schedule and comprehensive benefits including health, dental, short and long-term disability, generous sick/personal days and paid holidays.
Naples, FL 34116