The Office Manager supports parish operations by performing the more sensitive, difficult and complex office functions, as well as handling the administrative support functions for the parish office and staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Maintains Office services by organizing operations and
procedures; controlling correspondence; designing filing systems;
reviewing and approving supply requisitions; assigning and
monitoring clerical functions.
• Provides historical reference by defining procedures for
retention, protection, retrieval, transfer and disposal of records.
• Maintains office efficiency by planning and implementing office
system, layouts, and equipment procurement. Oversees inventory
of office supplies and maintenance contracts for office machines.
• Schedules and monitors staff office hours.
• Schedules parish facilities, issues and monitors facility keys.
Oversees the timely opening and closing of parish office.
• Designs and implements office policies by establishing standards
and procedures; measuring results against standards; making
• Completes operational requirements by scheduling and
assigning volunteers; follows up on work results.
• Coordinates the parish weekly bulletin.
• Professionally communicates and interacts with staff members,
management team, and diocesan officials.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
• Oversees and directs the work of the Administration/Finance
• Keeps current in developments/changes with diocesan policy.
• Attends and participates in Western Deanery Parish Collaborative;
• Attends and facilitates regular team meetings with those who are
a part of the Administration/Finance Team.
• Attends meetings/events convened by the diocese as related to
• Participates in local and regional professional organizations; gives
priority to professional development and to keeping credentials
current as a supervisor serving in the Diocese of Orlando.
• Performs any other job-related duties as required.
• Prepares bank deposits and records receipts.
• Prepares vouchers including coding and payment of outstanding
• Oversees parish offering envelopes.
• Liaison for parish with the Diocesan Shared Accounting Services
(DSAS). Duties include:
o Reviews codes and Approves AP;
o Bank Deposit and Receipt processing;
o Prepares, Scans, and Emails Weekly Accounting Packages to
o Reviews monthly and periodic reporting with DSAS Staff.
• Supervises the Administration/Finance team members.
• Establishes and maintains performance evaluation process;
• Participates in the hiring and termination policies of the
Administration/Finance Team in collaboration with the Regional
Operations Manager and Pastor.
• Reviews and approves employees timecards;
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Church employees must conduct themselves in a manner that is consistent with and supportive of the mission and purpose of the Church. Their public behavior must not violate the faith, morals or laws of the Church or the policies of the diocese.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate Degree in Business Administration or related preferred and/or equivalent experience. 5 to 8 years of business experience in a related field. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Experience with PDS or QuickBooks software a plus.
A high level of organizational and interpersonal skill is required. Attention to detail and working well with others is also required. Must have the ability to manage and to present oneself professionally.
Ability to communicate effectively with subordinates. Ability to effectively communicate with Pastor. Confidentiality is essential.
Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts such as adding, dividing, and multiplying.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, talk, feel, sit, grasp, hear and perform repetitive motions of the hands/wrists; required to see up close and from far away. Also may be required to lift up to 30 lbs.
Work is performed mostly in an office setting. Employee may be required to work more than 40 hours including occasional evenings and weekends, and do extensive computer work.
Lakeland, FL 33813