Archbishop Edward McCarthy High School located in Southwest Ranches, Florida (Broward County) is looking to hire a qualified and experienced Educator for High School Social Studies for the upcoming 2023-24 school year. This teacher will be expected to plan, organize, and implement an appropriate instructional program for any one of the following courses or combination thereof at the high school level: American History, World History, US Government, and/or Economics. With Economics, Advanced Placement experience is a plus. This candidate performs all duties and responsibilities in alignment with the mission, vision, and tenets of the Catholic Archdiocese of Miami.
• Required: Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Social Studies/History or related field with experience in teaching at a high school level.
• Must provide at time of resume, a copy of Florida Department of Education Teaching Certification in Social Science, grades 6-12.
• Must be fully committed, supportive and respectful of the mission, teachings, and tenets of the Roman Catholic Church.
• Excellent presentation skills with use of instructional technology, including iPads in the classroom.
• Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or similar forms is a plus.
• Excellent classroom management skills and demonstrated ability to engage students.
• Effective and strong oral and written English language communication skills, including clear speaking voice.
• Must have a professional demeanor.
To apply: Please send cover letter, resume, and a copy of certification, to: [email protected]
Subject line should read: Social Studies Teacher, Archbishop McCarthy High School.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Southwest Ranches, FL 33330