Royal Palm Academy is a joyful, vibrant, independent, and family-oriented Catholic Pre-K to 8th Grade school located in beautiful Naples, Florida.
THE POSITION: Full-time Development Assistant
START DATE: This position is a permanent, full-time, 12-month administrative position. Start date for the right candidate is flexible; preferred start date it June 1 or July 1.
COMPENSATION: Competitive salary based on experience, background, and qualifications. Hiring range is expected to be $40,000-$50,000 annually with generous full-time benefits.
• Minimum of an undergraduate degree (post-graduate degree preferred) in a related field
• Must be willing to enthusiastically support our school mission: "Royal Palm Academy partners with families to provide an education of rich academics with Catholic formation. We teach the mind, educate the heart, and form the character of tomorrow's leaders."
• Experience in one or more of the following fields: Catholic or private education, non-profit fundraising, event planning, marketing, or communications
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• This position reports to the Director of Advancement
• Provide support in the areas of Communications, Fundraising, Alumni Engagement, Advancement Events
• Provide direct administrative support to the Head of School and Director of Advancement in the areas of donor identification, solicitation, follow-up, acknowledgement, and recognition.
• Provide support in the achievement of our overall stewardship and donor philanthropy goals.
• Capable of planning, and executing events in support of fundraising, recruitment, alumni, parents, and families, with minimal oversight
• Capable of drafting high-quality written communications for the Head of School and Director of Advancement
• Provide support to our advancement team maintain a robust and accurate donor database.
• Oversee gift processing, donor acknowledgement, and work with the Director of Advancement to establish guidelines for stewardship of high level donors and donor circles
• Is punctual in attendance, reliable in performance of duties, and dresses professionally
• Help to build a robust Alumni engagement program from the ground up: Alumni events, planning, execution, identification, communications, data collection, etc.
• Ability to plan, prioritize, organize, and conduct multiple projects concurrently
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Cheerful demeanor and have a sense of humor
• Ability to conduct tasks while always looking for ways to improve processes
• Eager to embrace current and new projects with a can-do attitude
• Basic Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) experience required
• Willingness to assist other members of the Advancement Team for large, time-sensitive projects/events
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
• Practicing Catholic in good standing is strongly preferred but not a hiring prerequisite
• Candidates with strong written and verbal communication skills are preferred
• Candidates with a marketing background are preferred (but not a hiring prerequisite)
• Candidates with some proficiency in social media engagement are preferred (but not a hiring prerequisite)
PHYSICAL, MENTAL, AND EMOTIONAL DEMANDS INCLUDE:
• Ability to perform repetitive physical tasks such as computer keyboarding, writing, and reading
• This position is required to set up for events, assist during events, and help break down events.
• The ability to lift, carry, move, up to 25 pounds; ability to assist during events.
• Must be able to make quick decisions.
• Must be calm in stressful situations.
• Must be able to multitask and prioritize tasks.
• Must work well independently as well as part of a team.
• Must possess a very high level of attention to detail
• Must be flexible and work occasional evenings and weekends
• Must be able to handle prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
To apply, please submit a Resume/CV as an electronic document in Adobe PDF format to Michael Bussman, Head of School, at [email protected] Qualified candidates will be asked to complete a 12-minute online assessment as part of our interview screening process. The strongest candidates will demonstrate in their email or cover letter some familiarity with Royal Palm Academy. No phone calls please.
SCHOOL MISSION: The Mission of Royal Palm Academy is to partner with families to provide an education of rich academics with Catholic formation. We teach the mind, educate the heart, and form the character of tomorrow's leaders.
SCHOOL MOTTO: Semper Altius (Always Higher)
Naples, FL 34110