St. Elizabeth Seton Catholic Church is looking for a dynamic, energetic, faith-filled disciple of Jesus Christ to serve as Director of Youth Ministry to help facilitate the evangelization, formation, and discipleship of Middle and High School Students as well as young adults in our parish.
We are looking for someone who is:
• Passionately Catholic: Well formed in theology, Church teaching, and is ready to share the joy of being in love with Christ and his Church to young people.
• Ready to seek the lost: We need someone who is willing to go "out to the peripheries" in order to bring students into a relationship with Christ. Someone who can relate to youth and their culture. Significant time out in the community to seek young people is expected as well as digital outreach through relevant applications.
• Motivated and Creative: This community needs an effective Youth Ministry program built from the ground up, which will work in conjunction with our Faith Formation and Sacramental Prep programs as well as our Parish School. Creativity and out-of-the-box thinking will be both expected and appreciated.
• Ready to Lead: The DYM must be an excellent and effective communicator to all age groups and ready to recruit, motivate and lead young people and volunteers by example. Being a motivator and organizer is essential.
• Excited to be a part of our Team: The DYM will provide input and support on all matters of parish life, especially those pertinent to young people in our community. One must be excited to be part of a team in a diverse and multicultural setting.
• A bachelor's degree or equivalent, ideally in theology, youth ministry, religious education, communication or a related field.
• Significant experience working with young people in a ministry context either professionally or as a missionary or volunteer.
• Knowledge of social media and applications used by young people is essential, proficiency in such applications would be a plus.
• Bilingual in Spanish and English would be helpful, but not required. The ability to flourish in a bilingual and multicultural setting is essential.
Requirements HR wants you to know about:
• Able to sit and perform computer work for lengthy periods of time. Frequent use of computer keyboard that requires repetitive hand and wrist movements.
• Frequent walking, standing and sitting.
• Flexible hours with a minimum of 35 hours a week on site, including regular evenings, weekend and occasional overnight stays.
• Ability to lift 45 pounds without assistance.
• Ability to pass background check and to follow the Diocese of Venice Pastoral Code of Conduct
The pastor and parish community are committed in the name of justice to be fair and equitable. Therefore, we are committed to providing a competitive salary commensurate to education, experience and other qualifications. The DYM receives a benefit package including health insurance, Paid Time Off, 403(b) and paid holidays in addition to base salary according to the policy of the Diocese of Venice.
About the Parish:
St. Elizabeth Seton is a 1,500 family, multi-cultural, English and Spanish bilingual parish in the Golden Gate subdivision of Naples, Florida. We are a parish in the Diocese of Venice. Our Pastor is dedicated to passionately preaching the Gospel in a way which is relevant to all. The number of young families we have in our parish is growing. We celebrate beautiful, faithful, and reverent liturgies utilizing both very traditional and contemporary music. In addition to Mass, we offer a Holy Hour with Praise and Worship weekly, and multiple opportunities during the week for Confession. Our largest ministry is our Parish School with over 250 students in PreK-8th grade. We serve the poor in our community through weekly food distribution and assistance provided by our St. Vincent dePaul Society. Our religious education program serves about 300 students. We have an innovative and passionate pastoral team of both clergy and lay leaders who collaborate on how our parish may serve the mission of the Church to proclaim the gospel and make disciples. We are all very committed to supporting youth ministry in this parish.
Please send a resume and cover letter with references (it would be helpful if one was a priest) to Fr. Casey Jones, Pastor at [email protected] The position will be open until it is filled.
Naples, FL 34116