Royal Palm Academy is a joyful, vibrant, independent, and family-oriented Catholic PK-8 school located in beautiful Naples, Florida.
Royal Palm Academy has an opening for a full-time 4th Grade Teacher for the 2023-2024 school year. This is a full-time, permanent, salaried position. Royal Palm Academy offers competitive salary and benefits for candidates to join our highly qualified faculty and staff. Applications are being accepted immediately and interviews will be scheduled for competitive candidates on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
THE POSITION: Full-time Grade 4 Teacher
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (MUST POSSESS ONE OF THE FOLLOWING):
• An undergraduate degree or equivalent certification in Elementary Education, Early Childhood Education, or Teaching and Education related program.
• For those without an education degree or certification, must possess a minimum of 2 years of classroom teaching experience at the K-8 level.
• Practicing Catholic in good standing and able to teach Catholic theology.
• Previous experience in a Catholic PK-8 school setting is a plus but not a hiring pre-requisite.
• Prior experience teaching in Grade 3-5, or experience student teaching.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILTIES INCLUDE:
• Passionate about teaching elementary school aged students, and bring an energetic, joyful vibrancy to the classroom experience for our students.
• Must display an enthusiastic support of our school mission: "Royal Palm Academy partners with families to provide an education of rich academics with Catholic formation. We teach the mind, educate the heart, and form the character of tomorrow's leaders."
• Teach and act in accordance with doctrinal and moral teachings of the Catholic Church.
• Know, teach, and act consistently in accordance with the mission, philosophy, objectives, policies, and procedures of Royal Palm Academy.
• Provide age-appropriate extended or enrichment opportunities.
• Communicate regularly with parents or guardians, colleagues, deans, and head of school.
• Possess a strong classroom management skillset.
• Plan and execute dynamic lessons aligned with our school's curriculum, differentiated to meet the needs of our diverse student population, and using a variety of instructional strategies that are academically rigorous and highly engaging.
• Evaluate academic and social development of each student through a variety of formative and summative assessments.
• Proficient with technology, including with Microsoft Office and student information systems. Use our SIS to maintain accurate and current records of student progress and reports.
• Professional written and verbal communication skills.
• Provide excellent and responsive customer service to our parents and guardians.
• Reliable, flexible, organized, hard-working, patient, excellent communication skills, and outstanding with children.
PHYSICAL AND OTHER DEMANDS INCLUDE:
• Ability to perform repetitive physical tasks such as computer keyboarding, writing, and reading.
• This position is required to closely monitor students in a variety of locations, inside and outside, including athletic fields and areas with noise and activity.
• Required to maintain composure and to communicate appropriately in words and actions with students, parents, and fellow teachers.
To apply, please submit a Resume/CV as an electronic document in Adobe PDF format to Michael Bussman, Head of School, at [email protected] A cover letter or email describing your interest in joining RPA is optional.
ABOUT ROYAL PALM ACADEMY
Royal Palm Academy is an independent, Catholic, pre-kindergarten to eighth grade school in Naples, Florida. Our mission is to partner with families to provide an education of rich academics with Catholic formation. Royal Palm Academy teaches the mind, educates the heart, and forms the character of tomorrow's leaders. This mission is pursued through the development of the whole person, integral formation, which encompasses the commitment to teach, to educate, and to form our students.
SCHOOL WEBSITE: www.RoyalPalmAcademy.org
Naples, FL 34110