1. Collaborates with the Chancellor for Administration/COO and Pastoral Center staff in implementing the mission of the diocese.
2. Maintains confidentiality about all official matters. Provides and receives information requiring strict discretionary judgment, maintaining confidentiality and knowledge of diocesan policies and procedures.
3. Assures that all secretarial/administrative duties for the Chancellor for Administration are accomplished in a timely and efficient manner. Provides backup support to the two executive assistants positions in the Bishop's office as well as in the Pastoral Center reception area as needed.
4. Assures the establishment of office record keeping systems. Incumbent accomplishes this by developing and maintaining filing systems. Inserts agendas, minutes and other meeting materials in respective binders and filing system.
5. Generates "Requests for payment" form for the Chancellor for Administration's diocesan credit cards, as well as for other vendors or services needed. O
6. With the Executive Assistants in the Bishop's area, oversees an inventory of office supplies, as requested. Prepares appropriate documentation and provides duplicating and collating services for in-services, workshops, meetings and staff events.
7. Confidentially coordinates all Chancellor for Administration related mailings from inception to post-office deposit and in a timely manner. Provides clerical support and coordinates volunteer teams for mailings and other efforts as designated by Chancellor for Administration. Handles correspondence and files of confidential and sensitive nature.
8. Develops the Chancellor for Administration's announcement PowerPoint slides on the Pastoral Center Visual Display Center as needed.
9. Develops and designs graphic materials and announcements utilizing MS Publisher, Canva or other design tools.
10. Assures messages from the Diocesan Concern Line are forwarded to the appropriate Pastoral Center personnel.
11. Assist in preparing and arranging flight itineraries, lodging and transportation for members of the Pastoral Center staff and any guest speakers as requested. Ensures such travel is approved by the Chancellor for Administration prior to making commitments.
12. Assists the Chancellor for Administration in preparing for meetings and gathering. Incumbent accomplishes this by scheduling the logistics for meetings, conferences, speaking engagements or events, prepares for and tears down rooms, including setting up and tearing down the technical equipment. Assures the equipment is functioning and assists during the meeting to run any utilized technology.
13. Tracks the status of projects through MS Project or other tracking software.
14. Assists the Chancellor for Administration with developing and maintaining relationships between pastors, clergy, lay employees and parishioners. This is accomplished by generating and mailing personalized letters, utilizing data maintained in the diocesan administration database. Sends personalized "thank you" letters to all respondents while checking any correspondence against the diocesan administration database for name/address/email/phone number changes. Each week spends 15 minutes on developing "Thank You Thursday" gratitude letters.
15. Assists the Chancellor for Administration in accomplishing any requests from the Catholic Foundation of the Diocese of St. Petersburg or the Ministry of Stewardship and Development.
16. Assists the Ministry of Stewardship and Development and the Chancellor for Administration with the Diocesan "Catholic Ministry Appeal" and Mater Dei Societies. Assists in the letter design and review, signatures, personal letters to parishioners and pastors as requested by the Stewardship & Development Office.
17. Prepares narrative data and statistical reports for the Chancellor for Administration, Bishop, Vicar General and Pastors on Parishes' demographic, pastoral and giving data. Incumbent utilizes information from the parishes' Parish Soft and Parish Data Software (PDS) databases, accounting software and from Mission InSite (demographic software). Collects, compiles and/or reviews data to ensure completeness and accuracy according to established procedures. Generates standard lists and reports as required.
18. Maintains and updates the Diocesan Administration database by entering in diocesan entities, clergy and lay employees' information. Assures all changes to parishes, schools and diocesan information is gathered from staff and entered accurately and timely into the Diocesan Administration database. Incumbent records all changes by parishes, schools, pastoral center and diocesan ministries into the database and shares the appropriate information with diocesan ministries, submitting changes to information to other pastoral center offices as requested. Assures the maintenance of diocesan records on computer data system, including additions/deletions/corrections of parish/school/employee data. Assures the development and maintenance of diocesan entity-wide correspondence system. Reroutes returned mail to staff member's new/correct address. Prints address labels for mailings as they relate to the areas of ministry supported by this office position, as requested. Maintains list of the various teams and groups within the pastoral center and diocese.
19. Assures all information is accounted for in an accurate and timely manner into the Diocesan Facility Scheduler Incumbent records all approved calendar events and changes by parishes, schools, pastoral center and diocesan ministries into the facility scheduler database and shares the appropriate information with diocesan ministries.
20. Uses personal computer (PC) and software for census record keeping, word-processing, and other diocesan projects. Masters all new/updated computer programs acquired by the Chancellor for Administration office and utilizes/integrates such software/hardware to accomplish tasks/goals more efficiently. Provides technical assistance with computers, printers, software, and diocesan projects to other office/parish staff as requested. Creates customized reports for Chancellor for Administration's office and pastoral center ministries as needed. Codes records to facilitate computer retrieval and special listings/labels as requested/directed. Assists in website maintenance for the Chancellor for Administration as assigned.
21. Assists in developing and sending Flocknotes or similar (group email system) to teams or groups under the Chancellor for Administration's care. Maintains the email and text database of those Flocknote groups.
22. Assists the Chancellor for Administration with personnel support as directed. This is accomplished by typing up individual job descriptions and evaluations for those positions accountable to the Chancellor for Administration. This includes copying them and assuring they are filed in the proper personnel file. Provides clerical support in new employee in services, corrective action measures, and resigned employees. Assists in any personnel matters as assigned. Assists in the layout, editing & distribution of Doing God's Work.
23. Assists in training new and existing employees on Bishop's office procedures and protocols.
24. Assists in creating a culture of affirmation and encouragement. Incumbent accomplishes this by aiding the Chancellor for Administration in affirming and recognizing co-workers accomplishments and special days.
25. Assists the Chancellor for Administration with legal, construction and property documents in preparation for the Chancellor's signature. With the assistance of the Construction and Real Estate Office, prepare any requested contracts, permits and other documentation for Chancellor of Administration's signature. Notarize any diocesan documents as requested and necessary.
26. Assist parishes, schools and other diocesan entities in preparing alcohol and other permits for festivals and other events that require the Chancellor's signature. Notarize any diocesan documents as requested and necessary.
27. With the assistance of the Tribunal, Gift Acceptance Office or Finance office, assists in any financial or estate related documentation which require the Chancellor of Administration's signature. Notarize any diocesan documents as requested and necessary.
28. Assists Chancellor for Administration in compiling advance materials (copying, typing, etc.) necessary for the corporate/governing boards, consultative councils and commissions, ministry teams and other committee meetings as assigned, mailing out such materials to members of those teams. Takes notes at meetings as assigned. Helps with special projects as needed.
29. Assists in the preparation and implementation of meetings and interactions with the Team of Stewards, Co-workers in the Vineyards, Diocesan Synod Team, Advocate meetings, Parish Business Managers and the Parish Business Advisory Board, Parish Empowerment Sessions, and other boards and teams the Chancellor for Administration directly facilitates.
30. With other diocesan support staff, coordinates volunteers as needed for pastoral center office projects. Incumbent accomplishes this by recruiting, training, and supporting office volunteers and interns.
31. Serves as liaison and public relations representative between the pastoral center & its staff members, parishes, schools, clergy, lay employees, parishioners, council & committee members, vendors and others visiting or calling the pastoral center or diocese.
32. Participates as a member of the diocesan pastoral center staff. This is accomplished by collaborating in cooperative ventures with other diocesan ministries, organizations, and individuals by participating in appropriate staff meetings and retreats and by assisting in the planning and participation of staff faith sharing and social occasions.
33. Aids with any task or project that the Chancellor for Administration choses and assigns. This can include clerical support for Parishes, Schools, Diocesan Entities, Deaneries, Diocesan, National & International Catholic organizations that the Chancellor may serve on. Attends workshops and events as needed.
34. Composes and types own correspondence on matters not requiring personal response from supervisor.
35. Maintains a level of knowledge and skills required to function as an Executive Administrative Assistant. This may be accomplished through reading, training opportunities or workshops, as approved and as appropriate. Seeks out professional development and networking opportunities. Seeks ways to improve and innovate the mission of the Diocese and Christ.
36. Complies with Church, federal, state and local safety laws and policies
37. Maintains a neat and safe work area.
Candidate must successfully pass a level II FBI background screening and complete Safe Environment training.