Royal Palm Academy is a joyful, vibrant, independent, and family-oriented Catholic PK-8 school located in beautiful Naples, Florida. We have an opening for a part-time Pre-K to 8 Music Teacher for the 2022-2023 school year. This is a permanent, salaried position. Royal Palm Academy offers competitive salary and benefits for candidates to join our highly qualified faculty and staff. Applications are being accepted immediately and interviews will be scheduled for competitive candidates on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
THE POSITION: Music Teacher for Pre-K3 to 8th Grade
This position is a part-time teaching position of approximtately 30 hours per week, and qualifies for our competitive benefits.
• Experience in Catholic sacred music and the Catholic Mass. Please also see the "Preferred Qualifications" for the strongest consideration.
• An undergraduate degree (post-graduate degree preferred) in Music, Choir, Elementary Education, or an equivalent program with sufficient course work in these areas.
• Capacity for teaching students ages Pre-K3 through 8th grade.
• For those who have shifted from a career outside of education or without an education degree or career switcher program, must possess a minimum of 2 years of classroom teaching experience at the Pre-K to 8 grade level.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILTIIES INCLUDE:
• Teach and act in accordance with doctrinal and moral teachings of the Catholic Church.
• Faculty members are required to fully participate in the Catholic Life of our school, including attending Mass, Prayers, Spiritual Retreats, and other Catholic faith activities.
• Know, teach, and act consistently in accordance with the mission, philosophy, objectives, policies, and procedures of Royal Palm Academy.
• Passionate about teaching elementary school aged students, and bring an energetic, joyful vibrancy to the classroom experience for our students.
• Must display an enthusiastic support of our school mission: "Royal Palm Academy partners with families to provide an education of rich academics with Catholic formation. We teach the mind, educate the heart, and form the character of tomorrow's leaders."
• Provide age-appropriate extended or enrichment opportunities.
• Communicate regularly with parents or guardians, colleagues, deans, and head of school.
• Possess a strong classroom management skillset for students in grades Pre-K to 8.
• Proficient with technology, including with Microsoft Office and student information systems. Use our SIS to maintain accurate and current records of student progress and reports.
• Professional written and verbal communication skills.
• Provide excellent and responsive customer service to our parents and guardians.
• Reliable, flexible, organized, hard-working, patient, excellent communication skills, and outstanding with children.
• A practicing Catholic with some experience in Catholic liturgical music
• A joyful love of Catholic sacred music, and bringing our students into an introduction and experience of music
• Capacity for teaching music and leading a choir of students during Mass and for special events
• Experience with traditional songs and chants during Mass, including sung Latin responses during Mass.
• Capable of leading and coordinating school-wide music productions, such as the annual all-school Christmas Pageant.
• Prior teaching experience for elementary age students is a plus.
PHYSICAL AND OTHER DEMANDS INCLUDE:
• Ability to perform repetitive physical tasks such as demonstrating instruments, keyboards, piano, and moving around a music room supervising students with instruments.
• This position is required to closely monitor students in a variety of locations, inside and outside, including athletic fields and areas with noise and activity.
• Required to maintain composure and to communicate appropriately in words and actions with students, parents, and fellow teachers.
Please submit a Cover Letter and Resume/CV as two electronic documents in Adobe PDF format to Michael Bussman, Head of School. Highly qualified candidates will also include a statement of how their background of education and experience makes them the strongest candidate who is ready to provide an immediate and positive impact on our students at Royal Palm Academy.
ABOUT ROYAL PALM ACADEMY
Royal Palm Academy is an independent, Catholic, pre-kindergarten to eighth grade school in Naples, Florida. Our mission is to partner with families to provide an education of rich academics with Catholic formation. Royal Palm Academy teaches the mind, educates the heart, and forms the character of tomorrow's leaders. This mission is pursued through the development of the whole person, integral formation, which encompasses the commitment to teach, to educate, and to form our students.