St. Peter the Apostle Catholic Church in Trinity (New Port Richey, Florida, one of the fastest growing parishes in the Diocese of St. Petersburg) is searching for a Director of Faith Formation and Youth Ministries. This is a full-time salary position with benefits. The Director is responsible for the supervision of all parish programs that bring evangelization and faith formation alive.
Requirements: Practicing Roman Catholic with knowledge of Church teachings and practices, whose lifestyle reflects Church values
• Working knowledge of the National Catechetical Directory and "Renewing the Vision" • Ability to direct and supervise catechists, and volunteers • Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
• Proficiency with computer programs including Excel, Word, Outlook, Flocknote and Canva(or similar)
• Must pass a Level II FBI Background Screening
• Complete online Safe Environment Training.
Job Responsibilities: Direct Faith Formation program for EC2 - 5th Grade
• Youth and Young Adult ministry for the 6th-12th Grade catechetical programs
• Oversee all sacramental preparation for children, youth and adults for the sacraments of Baptism, Reconciliation, First Eucharist, Confirmation and Marriage
• Maintain calendar for Faith Formation & Sacramental programs
• Direct, recruit and train catechists and volunteers for all programs
• Promote catechist involvement in the Diocesan Certification Program
• Direct / Oversee all adult faith formation programs
• Plan / coordinate all parish summer camps (Vacation Bible School and any parish school camps) for EC3-8th grade
• Actively promote all Faith Formation events throughout the parish
• Maintain an accurate database of all participants in Faith Formation / Sacramental programs
• Partake in staff and team meetings, providing appropriate input, accurate assessments of programs and needs, and following through on information obtained
Please send resume and references to K. Gerard: [email protected] We will only respond to those resumes for which we have further interest.