Royal Palm Academy is a joyful, vibrant, independent and family-oriented Catholic PK-8 school located in beautiful Naples, Florida. Royal Palm Academy has openings for full-time or part-time Pre-K or Kindergarten Teacher Assistants for the 2022-2023 school year. These positions are classified as non-exempt hourly positions.
• Passionate about teaching elementary school aged students, and bring an energetic, joyful vibrancy to the classroom experience for our students.
• Must display an enthusiastic support of our school mission: "Royal Palm Academy partners with families to provide an education of rich academics with Catholic formation. We teach the mind, educate the heart, and form the character of tomorrow's leaders."
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Know, teach, and act consistently in accordance with the mission, philosophy, objectives, policies, and procedures of Royal Palm Academy.
• Assist with age-appropriate extended or enrichment opportunities.
Possess a strong classroom management skillset for ages 3-7 year old students.
• Reliable, flexible, organized, hard-working, patient, excellent communication skills, and outstanding with children.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
• Previous experience in a Catholic PK-8 school setting is a plus but not a hiring pre-requisite.
PHYSICAL AND OTHER DEMANDS INCLUDE:
• Ability to perform repetitive physical tasks such as computer keyboarding, writing, and reading.
• This position is required to closely monitor students in a variety of locations, inside and outside, including athletic fields and areas with noise and activity.
• Required to maintain composure and to communicate appropriately in words and actions with students, parents, and fellow teachers.
To apply, please submit a Cover Letter and Resume/CV as two electronic documents in Adobe PDF format to Michael Bussman, Head of School, at [email protected]
ABOUT ROYAL PALM ACADEMY
Royal Palm Academy is an independent, Catholic, pre-kindergarten to eighth grade school in Naples, Florida. Our mission is to partner with families to provide an education of rich academics with Catholic formation. Royal Palm Academy teaches the mind, educates the heart, and forms the character of tomorrow's leaders. This mission is pursued through the development of the whole person, integral formation, which encompasses the commitment to teach, to educate, and to form our students.