Job Title: Sonography - RDMD
Summary: Provides ultrasound diagnostic tests for patient seeking services in our clinics and as deemed appropriate by our nursing staff. Operates sonographic equipment to preform limited obstetric ultrasound. RDMS to following the standing orders of the Medical Director.
Physical Demands: Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting of patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Involves standing and waling. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds. Requires normal visual acuity and hearing. Requires exposure to bodily fluids.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Performs clinical assessment and limited obstetric ultrasound examinations.
* Explains procedure to clients to assure cooperation and optimum test results.
* Reviews consent form with client and obtains appropriate signatures.
* Positions clients and selects transducer for imaging.
* Maintains patient's privacy at all times.
* Preforms scans only with a chaperone in exam room at all times.
* Conducts scanning over specified body area, and adjusts equipment. Moves scanner over specified body area, and adjusts equipment to focus according to protocol of standing orders.
* Makes hard copy images. Documents tests as per policy and procedures set forth per the nurse manager/doctor regarding irregular scans per protocol.
* Maintains ultrasound equipment, room and supplies.
* Maintains department records, reports and files.
* Keeps work area clean.
* Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
* Participates in staff development and educational activities.
* Maintains's patient's and company confidentiality at all times.
* Assists with the answering of phones and scheduling of patients from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities - Knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy and physiology to pinpoint area of imaging. Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment. Skills in operating ultrasound equipment. Skill in maintaining department records and test results. Skill in developing and maintaining department quality assurance. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, administration, medical staff, and public. Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations. Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures. Ability to community clearly.
* High School diploma or GED.
* Completion in course in ultrasound technology and certified RDMS.
* Maintains current CPR certificate.
* Maintains RDMS licensure.