Royal Palm Academy is a joyful, vibrant, independent, and family-oriented Catholic PK-8 school located in beautiful Naples, Florida. Royal Palm Academy has an opening for a full-time Business Manager. Applications are being accepted immediately and interviews will be scheduled for competitive candidates on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
The Business Manager will work closely with the CFO/COO on all aspects of financial and business management of the school, with responsibility for supporting the CFO in the accounting, reporting, internal control, audit, and assists in the budget process. The Business Manager will report directly to the CFO/COO. A high level of customer service for both families and staff are essential aspects of the Business Manager's work.
• An undergraduate degree in accounting or a related field. CPA is a plus but not a hiring pre-requisite. Post-graduate degree a plus but not a hiring pre-requisite.
• A minimum of 1+ years' experience in private school or non-profit accounting.
• Prior experience in a role of Bookkeeper or Accountant are highly favorable but not a hiring pre-requisite.
• Experience working in a Catholic school environment or independent school is highly favorable but not a hiring pre-requisite.
• Financial reporting in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
• Preparation of monthly and annual financial statements and analyses
• Providing the CFO with support related to payroll and employee benefit administration
• Manage student billing and tuition payment systems
• Work closely with the CFO in the budget process
• Work with administrators and departments regarding budget proposals and performance
• Work closely with the CFO in monthly reconciliation of banks and all balance sheet accounts
• Work closely with the CFO in preparing annual financial audit package and coordinate Florida Tax Credit scholarship audit
• Cash management and supervise all incoming cash receipts
• Manage record keeping of fixed assets
• Assist in filing of all federal and informational returns
• Oversee financial internal controls
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILTIES INCLUDE:
• Must display an enthusiastic support of our school mission: "Royal Palm Academy partners with families to provide an education of rich academics with Catholic formation. We teach the mind, educate the heart, and form the character of tomorrow's leaders."
• Proficient with technology, accounting systems including QuickBooks, Microsoft Office and student information systems.
• Professional written and verbal communication skills.
• Provide excellent and responsive customer service to our parents, teachers, and staff.
• Reliable, flexible, organized, hard-working, patient, excellent communication skills.
PHYSICAL AND OTHER DEMANDS INCLUDE:
• Ability to perform repetitive physical tasks such as computer keyboarding, writing, and reading
• Required to maintain composure and to communicate appropriately in words and actions with students, parents, teachers, and staff.
To apply, please submit a Cover Letter and Resume/CV as two electronic documents in Adobe PDF format to Michael Bussman, Head of School, at [email protected] No phone calls please.
ABOUT ROYAL PALM ACADEMY
Royal Palm Academy is an independent, Catholic, pre-kindergarten to eighth grade school in Naples, Florida. Our mission is to partner with families to provide an education of rich academics with Catholic formation. Royal Palm Academy teaches the mind, educates the heart, and forms the character of tomorrow's leaders. This mission is pursued through the development of the whole person, integral formation, which encompasses the commitment to teach, to educate, and to form our students.
SCHOOL WEBSITE: www.RoyalPalmAcademy.org