OBJECTIVE: To administer, develop, promote, coordinate and implement the various Faith Formation programs and related ministry activities associated with such programs offered at Saint John the Beloved Parish; to teach and provide guidance in all programs when necessary and appropriate; to conduct the above-mentioned duties within the vision and context of an entire parish community seeking to be formed in the Catholic Christian life.
• Responsible for the ongoing Religious Education program for the children of the parish (K-8) who do not attend a Catholic School.
• Designs, implements, and oversees with the sacramental preparation processes for Baptism, First Penance, First Eucharist, and Confirmation. Collaborates with the Director of Liturgy and Music in the planning and celebration of these sacramental liturgies.
• Responsible for coordinating Childrens' Liturgy of the Word during a Sunday liturgy
• Serves as a resource to the parish school in areas of faith formation
• Oversees comprehensive programs of faith formation and enrichment for adult members and families of the parish which will appeal to persons at various stages of adult faith. Such programs will include the whole community and may also include intergenerational catechesis.
• Oversees, currently in collaboration with the deacons of the parish, a continuous OCIA (formerly RCIA) process.
• Prepares evaluations of each program, inviting input from those involved in each ministry to determine future direction and planning.
• Recruits all necessary volunteers relative to Faith Formation and directs, coordinates and supports their efforts.
• Selects and orders necessary materials and supplies for the Faith Formation programs.
• Maintains regular communication with parents and parishioners regarding the Faith Formation programs through the Bulletin, Website, Social Media, E-mail, and other forms of communication.
• Prepares and administer an approved budget.
• Identifies and links parish Faith Formation programs with diocesan guidelines and resources.
• Responsible for the enforcement of the diocesan For the Sake of God's Children safe environment policies in regard to volunteers and youth in the Faith formation programs.
• Conveys all necessary information for the sacramental registry accurately and promptly ensuring that proper notifications are made to parishes of Baptism.
• Supports all parish goals and programs and offer possible help as need arises.
• Supports and help with the annual Parish mission.
• Other duties as assigned by the Pastor.
B: To Achieve Parish Mission
• Works cooperatively with the Pastor, Associate Pastor, Deacons, school Principal, school staff, parish staff and parents regarding the Faith Formation programs within the parish.
• Is a joyful, welcoming presence within the Community.
• Is a visible presence at all parish functions whenever possible.
• Attends required and appropriate diocesan meetings. Demonstrates a dedication to professional and spiritual development.
• Conducts all business with the utmost discretion and confidentiality.
• Is an active, practicing Member of the Roman Catholic Church well formed in theology and Church teaching
• Is an excellent, innovative, effective and joyful communicator capable of effectively leading meetings and presenting to the faithful
• Holds a Bachelor's Degree (Master's Preferred) in religious education, theology or other related field and at least two years' experience in parish/diocesan ministry.
• Has the ability to work on weekends and evenings as this is essential for this ministry.
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.