The Director of Student Activities and Leadership (DSAL) is responsible for providing vision, oversight and management of all student clubs, activities, and events. The DSAL identifies and facilitates opportunities to increase student engagement and expands opportunities for student leadership. The DSAL leads, supports, and collaborates with other members of the school community to ensure that the student experience at Saint Mark's is of unparalleled quality. The DSAL ensures that all extracurricular and co-curricular programs are in union with our school vision, mission, and core values. The DSAL works closely with the Principal, Director of Mission and Ministry, Athletic Director, Director of Fine and Performing Arts and all club moderators and coaches to develop and support student leaders who will model our core values and Catholic identity across all areas of student life and inspire others to the same.
• Develop and manage the annual school calendar of events and activities.
• Plan retreats, workshops, training sessions and the like to develop current, and to attract new, student leaders.
• Support all non-competition athletic events as appropriate: award recognitions, banquets, signing days, etc.
• Collaborate with and support club moderators.
• Partner with the Vice President of Enrollment Management and provide operational support for admissions events including Open Houses, Sparta-Q's, Scholarship Reception, Enrolled Student Night, Get Connected and Freshmen Orientation.
• Serve as the lead coordinator for freshmen and transfer student orientation.
• Serve as the moderator/co-moderator for student council.
• Identify, develop, and manage a low ropes course cadre of faculty and staff; manage ropes course programming.
• Serve as leader of the Student Life Team and as a member of the President's Council.
• Ensure that all activities, clubs, and programs are in alignment with our vision, mission, core values and Catholic identity.
To apply, submit resume and cover letter (addressed to Mr. Tom Fertal, President) to Mo Tyree at [email protected]. Resume review begins immediately.
Wilmington, DE 19808