Assistant Family Service Director
Catholic Cemeteries Association, Archdiocese of Hartford is committed to serving all members of our community in a dignified and compassionate manner. As an organization we strive to live our mission by being an open resource and providing exemplary service. Employees of Catholic Cemeteries Association, Archdiocese of Hartford are expected to act in accordance with the values and goals of the organization.
The Assistant Family Service Director is committed to meeting the goals and objectives of the organization. This individual will assist the FSD in planning, organizing, coordinating and managing the sales, service and sales administration, and outreach activities for the Cemeteries. Additionally, they are responsible for assisting the FSD in coordinating and supporting a harmonious interaction between the Sales, Funeral Directors and Cemetery personnel. The Assistant Family Service Director is required to conduct his or herself in a professional manner to promote a cooperative, service-oriented work environment. The Assistant Family Service Director reports to the Family Service Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Management and Coaching
• This is a hands-on sales management role. Heavy interaction on a daily basis with the sales staff is the primary responsibility.
• Attend Semi-Monthly Sales Team meetings, and assist the FSD in assigning talent, strategic initiatives and overseeing if objectives have been met.
• Attend a location Meeting each day in a location to oversee if objectives are being met and to provide coaching to management staff and FSA's. Conduct one on one meetings with FSA's for coaching towards growth performance.
• Participate in family arrangements twice per month in each location to provide reinforcement to FSA's on presentation and arrangement processes.
• Observe telephone interactions of each FSA at a minimum of once per month to provide informal reinforcement of expected behaviors.
• Review performance tracking tools with FSA's.
• Attempt to be the point of resolution for conflicts with families.
• Oversees and is responsible for Outreach to local parishes by assisting the Outreach Coordinator, and conducting outreaches in the absence of the Coordinator.
Work with the Outreach programs to make connections with high-priority parishes, and to maintain parish relationships and be the main point of conflict resolution.
• Attend one or more Outreach events per quarter.
• Report performance reviews for each FSA, to the FSD as directed.
• Assist the FSD with creating sales targets for each FSA.
• Maintain a regular contact and open conversations with each FSA.
• Work with the FSD in preparing weekly performance reports for submission to the Executive Director.
• Provide quality control of all family arrangements, document standards and checking for accuracy and full engagement of the CCA way.
• Assis the FSD in developing, creating, and executing a marketing plan.
• Assign leads to FSA's and track status of those leads.
• Provide involvement with on-boarding of new sales employees.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
• College degree preferred
Minimum of five (5) years experience in
• Experience managing, coaching and developing a sales team successfully
• Excellent written and verbal skills; must be comfortable with public speaking
• A high level of integrity; must be comfortable as role model for staff
• Passion and energy for contributing to the growth of the organization and educating the community within the Archdiocese of Hartford
• Ability and comfort interacting with a broad range of constituents (priests, staff, faith community, parish staff, Funeral Directors, etc.)
• Demonstrated high level of leadership, customer service skills, business planning, and relationship building
• Self-motivated and directed with a high degree of flexibility