Holy Apostles College and Seminary based in Cromwell, is seeking a detail-oriented comptroller to maintain and strengthen our company's internal controls. The Comptroller is to be directly responsible for supervision and operation of all daily Business Office functions, maintaining internal controls, preparation of various accounting and financial reports, preparation of payroll and related reports. The comptroller is to ensure the quality of financial transactions and reporting, develop our financial well-being, and play a leading role in financial decision-making. You will also provide senior management with strategic financial input, and oversee the overall accounting processes. You will ensure accuracy and timeliness in all our financial activities. The successful candidate will be able to give sound advice and manage accounting activities with the aim of visibly reducing costs. The role will involve interaction with various government bodies, including the Department of Education, and prior experience with public institutions would be valuable. Top candidates are confident, analytical, and positive, with excellent verbal and written communication skills. We are looking for someone who will proactively collaborate with fellow team members and develop a deep understanding of our mission and values as informed by Catholic teaching and practice. The position accomplishes this through a respectful, constructive, and energetic style, guided by the Charism and Mission of the College and Seminary and the Society of the Missionaries of the Holy Apostles.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES, REQUIREMENTS, COMPENSATION:
• Developing and forecasting budgets under the direction of President Rector.
• Developing strategic financial plans.
• Implementing finance and accounting policies and procedures.
• Determining the effect of potential business decisions on financial policy.
• Ensuring prompt and accurate month-end and year-end close processes.
• Preparing timely financial statements and maintaining accurate representation of the company's valuation and projected finances.
• Managing the organization and timely submission of all relevant taxes
• Overseeing accounting operations such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general ledger entries.
• Ensuring compliance with company and statutory requirements.
• Bachelor's degree in accounting, business, or finance.
• 5-8 years of related work experience.
• Proficient with QuickBooks
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Word, Excel.
• Outstanding knowledge and understanding of applicable laws and regulations.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Ability to create financial projections.
Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
• $90,000 - $95,000
Reports to: President Rector
To apply send a resume and cover letter to: [email protected]