Holy Apostles is currently seeking to hire a Director of Admissions. This is a critical role for the institution that will require effective and persuasive student recruitment, value-driven leadership in the management of the admissions office, and a creative vision for future growth. Ideal candidates will be able to work closely with Catholic partners and have a rich understanding of traditionally-minded, classical and liberal arts Catholic education. The Director is tasked with meeting enrollment target goals for both online and on-campus programs at the undergraduate, graduate, and seminary programs. The Director will support the mission of Holy Apostles College & Seminary and contribute to the overall success of the institution through a respectful, constructive, and energetic style, guided by the Charism and Mission of the College and Seminary and the Society of the Missionaries of the Holy Apostles.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
• Enthusiastically mission-focused to "Cultivate Catholic Leaders for Evangelization" with an in-depth understanding of Catholic tradition and current movements within the church
• Bachelor's required, Master's preferred
• Two to three years of relevant experience in admissions or higher education administration
• Willingness to travel regionally for recruiting events
• Must adhere to Holy Apostles' policies and procedures and be willing to complete all necessary training
• Strong written and verbal communication skills - ability to speak and engage publicly and personally
• Familiarity with articulation agreements preferred
• Creativity and innovation; willingness to try new approaches to achieve desired objectives
• Strong time management, attention to detail, and ability to meet deadlines
• Proficiency with technology including Word, Excel, Google Suite, and student information systems
• Ability to engage and network with prospective applicants, families, and partnership officials
• Desire to work in a growing, vibrant and mission-driven institution
Primary Areas of Responsibility:
Oversees the Admissions Office, including the following programs: Undergraduate, Graduate, Personal Interest, Take Credit! Program, High School Partnerships (Angelicum Academy AA-Track), Personal Enrichment.
Collaboration with Seminary recruitment efforts.
Manages the Graduate Admissions Counselor and Undergraduate Admissions Assistant, in addition to ongoing dialog with the Graduate Program Directors.
Answers admissions and academic questions regarding all programs and connects inquiries, applicants, and students with other offices as needed.
Builds personal relationships through prompt and attentive assistance to applicants and students in the Take Credit! Program and High School Partnerships, and also advises all students in these programs.
Routinely processes paperwork for new applications, including hard-copy transcripts, preparing student folders, acceptance letters, degree plans, and setting up the student in Populi/confirmation of attendance.
Emails select staff with updates on accepted applicants as needed.
Oversees the preparation of undergraduate mock degree plans for leads/applicants and coordinates with the Assistant Dean for questions on graduate transfer credits.
Provides general support to other offices and roles, such as the Online Learning Office, the Financial Aid Office, the Business Office, the Registrar's Office, student advisors, and the Graduation Committee.
Collects, synthesizes, prepares the text, and submits website updates on a regular basis; comments annually on academic catalog; contributes to student handbooks.
Meets or exceeds application and new-student goals while adapting to internal and external changes.
Provides aid to strategic initiatives in support of the Executive Team through input on SWOT, higher education and target market trends, marketing efforts, admissions and student life-cycle processes, etc.
Maintains regular reporting practices in collaboration with the Holy Apostles Statistician and produces semesterly Admissions Office reports as requested by the Executive Team.
Develops and improves processes through the use of automated communication plans and letter templates; improves partnerships through the updating and clarification of memorandums of understanding (MOUs); improves student experience through the potential use of Populi degree audits and centralized Populi forms.