A complete application may be submitted by visiting the following website:
The Part-Time Substitute Teacher is a qualified professional who meets the requirements to substitute teach in a Catholic school in the Archdiocese of Denver. The Substitute Teacher is hired by and directly accountable to the principal. The Substitute Teacher is expected to abide by the policies and procedures of the local school, the Archdiocese of Denver, and the Office of Catholic Schools. The Substitute Teacher cooperates with the principal and staff in providing an environment that promotes the ministry of Catholic education.
• Classroom experience preferred. Proper licensure from the Colorado Department of Education is preferred, but not required. Acceptable licenses are substitute authorization, Initial or Professional Teacher License.
• Pass a Background Check
• Complete Safe Environment Training through the Archdiocese of Denver
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties and responsibilities of the Part-Time Substitute Teacher include but are not limited to:
• Teach and act in accordance with doctrinal and moral teachings of the Catholic Church;
• Know, teach, and act consistently in accordance with the mission, philosophy, objectives, policies, and procedures of Notre Dame Parish School;
• Maintain a safe, orderly, and secure learning and work environment following established procedures to ensure the safety and welfare of students and staff.
• Maintain confidentiality and discretion regarding school personnel, students, and general school matters.
• Perform teaching duties and all other duties as assigned by the school.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Requires a minimum of a bachelor's degree;
COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Preferred: Be a fully initiated Catholic in the communion of the Catholic Church and intentionally living out the five precepts of the Church (CCC 2041-2043);
• Refrain from promotion or approval of, or the living out of, any conduct or lifestyle that would reflect discredit or disgrace on, or cause scandal in relationship to, the Archdiocese of Denver, or considered to be in contradiction with Catholic doctrine or morals;
• Effective supervisory skills;
• Effective listening and verbal communication skills;
• Preferred: background and training in education methods and subject areas;
• Must have an understanding of child development skills in order to relate to the students being taught;
• Must have appropriate control and discipline techniques to successfully manage a classroom;
• Must work cooperatively with school staff and administration;
• Sound judgment and decision-making skills;
• Knowledge of and willingness to implement safety and emergency procedures;
• Positive references and recommendations;
• Successfully pass a criminal background check.
• Requires lifting up to 40 pounds and carrying up to 40 pounds.
• Ability to execute appropriate safety and emergency procedures, including leading evacuations and providing basic first aid.