Job Title: Barista
Categories: Full time
Location: Tahosa Coffee House at Camp St. Malo, Allenspark, Colorado
Reports To: Manager of Tahosa Coffee House
Start Date: August through October 2023
Education/Experience: Previous cafe or coffee shop experience preferred
If you want the experience of working at a coffee house in the beautiful Rocky Mountains, serving delicious drinks, giving an unforgettable experience to people stopping to visit Camp St. Malo from all over the world, and inviting others into the beauty of God's creation through hospitality and a breathtaking atmosphere - this is your shot!
Tahosa Coffee House is located at Camp St. Malo, a beautiful grounds located just outside of Rocky Mountain National Park - home to the beautiful St. Catherine's Chapel (the Chapel on the Rock). Mt. Meeker, a 13,911' peak, serves as the backdrop of our property.
As a barista, you will be working at the new Tahosa Coffee House at Camp St. Malo. You will be in a fast-paced atmosphere, serving drinks, upkeeping the shop through activities such as cleaning and restocking, and welcoming guests into a hospitable atmosphere to foster an experience of rest and encounter.
Please read below to see what you'd be doing as a barista at Tahosa Coffee House.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Preparing all styles of coffee drinks, specialty et. al.
• Warming and serving pre-packaged food
• Handling cash & other forms of payment
• Making proficient sales transactions using our point-of-sale system (Square)
• Maintaining proper cash drawer balances
• Having thorough knowledge of St. Malo property, mission, and history
• Demonstrating impeccable product knowledge
• Able to make recommendations and suggestions to customers
• Maintaining a clean and organized workspace
• Stocking coffee, food, cups/lids, etc. throughout the shift
• Properly labeling and dating perishable items
• Loading and unloading the dishwasher as needed
• Performing opening, closing & side duties - setting up/breaking down the self-service station, cleaning countertops & tables, sweeping the floor, etc.
• Answering questions accurately and with charity
• Encountering the person in front of you with interest and respect
• Supporting and contributing to the mission and overall success of Tahosa Coffee House
• Handling customer feedback and concerns with patience and kindness
• Performing duties which require bending & reaching
• Lifting & transporting boxes of inventory/glasses/dishes, etc.
• Standing or walking on the floor, for up to 8+ hours
• Maintaining a well-groomed appearance
• Following all uniform guidelines
• Practicing all safety & sanitation standards
• Recycling products as diligently as possible
• Remaining calm in a fast-paced atmosphere
• Demonstrating a high level of organization, attention to detail and a sense of urgency
• Displaying a joyful demeanor toward coworkers and customers
• Maintaining Tahosa Coffee House's Values and Mission Statement
Personal Attributes: Able to work in a fast-paced atmosphere, hard working, quick to learn, joyful, able to work under minimal supervision.
Physical Demands: Lifting boxes up to 50 lbs., general cleaning, set up.
Special Skills/Equipment Requirements:
- You will need a car to get to/from work.
- You will be required to don a Tahosa Coffee House apron and adhere to all clothing guidelines.