Patris Corde Hermitage was founded to create a place for Catholic laity, priests and religious to leave the world and encounter God in the silence of a hermitage. Our mission is to build up the evangelical efforts of the Catholic Church by providing a space dedicated to prayer and contemplation, supporting fruitful vocations that flow from divine intimacy.
This Job Opportunity and Background
We are prayerfully seeking a partner who is passionate about our mission and will love working with us. We began planning this retreat center in 2020 with the support of Archbishop Aquila and many priests. As of this writing, we are completing the first building phase which will include the construction of the stone Chapel at the heart of the retreat center. We were blessed to welcome our first retreatant this month, and we plan to officially open to the public in 2024. Guided by our board, which consists of business people and clergy, we are looking for a long-term Director of Advancement as we continue building and begin this exciting mission of prayer and encounter.
Please visit our website at www.patriscorde.org for more information about our mission.
The Director of Advancement will work closely with the President to plan and implement a comprehensive strategic development program for Patris Corde Hermitage. The Director of Advancement must be able to develop and maintain mutually beneficial relationships between Patris Corde Hermitage and its current and potential supporters, with the goal of allowing Patris Corde Hermitage to continue building and to host retreatants. In addition to cultivating these ongoing relationships with individual donors, major donors and prospective donors, the Director of Advancement will be expected to plan and oversee a variety of fundraising efforts including in-person meetings with donors, online fundraising, planned giving, submission of grants, and other sources of donation revenue. It is essential that the individual in this role be able to request donations in a respectful, persevering, humble manner, keeping his or her annual fundraising goals in view.
This role will report directly to the President of the Retreat Center.
Salary, Schedule and Benefits:
- Schedule: Full-time position requiring travel to meet with potential donors in Colorado and other states.
- Pay Range: $75,000-$100,000 annually depending on experience and potential, with bonus potential.
- Paid vacation time.
- Health coverage must be obtained independently by the employee through their own medical insurance or health share plan.
Responsibilities and Requirements
The Director of Advancement is expected to:
- Work closely with the President and other board members to develop strategic fundraising plans.
- Effectively represent and articulate the work of Patris Corde Hermitage, presenting a compelling case for support.
- Manage a robust portfolio of varying donorship levels, including research, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward major donors through high-quality interactions, including individual meetings.
- Maintain databases of donors and donations received, including solicitation letters, thank you letters, and other stewardship materials.
- Regular travel to visit existing and potential donors.
Qualifications and Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong alignment with Patris Corde Hermitage's mission.
- Ability to demonstrate our core values:
- Thankfulness: It is our joy to provide and care for this place of refreshment and encounter with God.
- Humility: We serve our retreatants, donors, and builders with humility and selflessness.
- Passion: Empowered by the Holy Spirit, we strive for excellence and to work with our whole being, as working for the Lord. (Col 3:23)
- Bachelor's degree or higher.
- At least two years of experience in non-profit fundraising and donor relations.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong ability to write and speak in a compelling way about the New Evangelization and the need for priests and laity whose lives overflow with divine intimacy.
- Skilled at forming relationships.
- Passion for renewing the Catholic Church through prayer and contemplation.
- Ability to give persuasive presentations to achieve desired fundraising results.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as a collaborative member of the team.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work efficiently toward measurable goals.
- Ability to think and plan strategically for both short and long-term goals.
- Strategic focus, solid organizational skills, attention to detail, and proficiency at multitasking.
Parshall, CO 80468