The elementary teacher is responsible for providing developmentally appropriate tier one, as well, as, differentiated instruction to meet the needs of our students' varied abilities and aptitudes. Good Shepherd uses Archdiocese of Denver Catholic School's curriculum standards as a guide for creating learning objectives and planning instruction. The teacher should provide for appropriate classroom management and a welcoming and enriching learning environment that fosters positive social and emotional support for our students and reflects Catholic Christian values and Christ's love.
Experience and Certification
• Elementary Education Teacher License
• Bachelor Degree, preferably in Education
• 1-3 years classroom experience
• Complete Archdiocese of Denver Safe Environment Training
Teaching Expectations and Qualifications
• Know, teach, and act consistently in accordance with the mission, philosophy, objectives, policies, and procedures of the Catholic Church and Archdiocese of Catholic Schools
• Maintain appropriate and effective classroom management rooted in relationship and based on mutual respect and trust
• Maintain supervision and safety of all students at all times
• Attends required staff and faculty meetings regularly
• Participate in all Archdiocese of Denver in-service and training programs, and participate in all local school sponsored professional development and training programs and initiatives
• Creates positive relationship with parents through regular interface and communication and parent/teacher conferences
• Provide grade appropriate extended or enrichment opportunities;
• Conduct regular STAR assessments and progress monitoring in order to track and communicate to parents and on report cards
• Maintain accurate student attendance and academic records in accordance with local school policies and procedures
• Work collaboratively with colleagues and team teacher to develop, plan, and implement cohesive programming and appropriate instruction
• Creates weekly lesson plans using Planbook.com, based on Archdiocese of Denver curriculum standards
• Maintain confidentiality and professionalism in all matters regarding school personnel, students, and other discretionary matters
• Participate in annual performance review based upon the implementation of the essential duties of the Elementary School Teacher
• Follows established procedures to ensure the safety and welfare of students.
• Perform teaching duties and all other duties as assigned by the school principal.
Professional Competencies and Expectations
• Maintain state licensure
• Maintains neat and professional appearance.
• Works with all staff members, faculty and administration in a cooperative and supportive manner
• Be a fully initiated Catholic in the communion of the Catholic Church and intentionally living out the five precepts of the Church (CCC 20412043);
• Refrain from promotion or approval of, or the living out of, any conduct or lifestyle that would reflect discredit or disgrace on, or cause scandal in relationship to, the Archdiocese of Denver, or considered to be in contradiction with Catholic doctrine or morals
• Effective listening and verbal communication skills;
• Must have necessary background and training in elementary education methods, subject areas and developmental planes of development specific to age group of class
• Exemplary classroom management skills rooted in relationships, mutual respect and trust
• Sound judgment and decision making skills;
• Knowledge of and willingness to implement safety and emergency procedures;
Requires lifting up to 40 pounds and carrying up to 40 pounds.
Ability to execute appropriate safety and emergency procedures, including leading evacuations and providing basic first aid.
Reports to: Direct Supervisor: Principal
Visit www.goodshepherddenver.org for more information and contact Assistant Principal, Beth Walker at [email protected]
Compensation: $39,000 - $86,000 commensurate with credentials and experience
Job Type: Full-Time, benefits eligible - health, dental, paid time off
Denver, CO 80206