Director of Facilities-Mead
Level - Experienced
Job Location - Guardian Angels Catholic Parish in Mead - Mead, Co
Position Type - Full-Time or Part-Time depending on experience
Guardian Angels Catholic Parish is seeking a skilled and motivated
professional to serve as Director of Facilities. An active
practicing Catholic in good standing with the Catholic church is a plus.
JOB PURPOSE: Provide all levels of maintenance, janitorial, and repairs for the parish buildings and grounds. Provide leadership and direction to the maintenance volunteers.
REPORTS TO: Pastor, working closely with the Office Secretary and
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (to include but not limited to):
- Engages contractors as needed
- Performs follow-up visit and quality reviews
BUILDING AND GROUNDS SAFETY
- Ensures parish grounds and exterior lighting are clean, safe, and in proper
- Maintains grounds including mowing, plant/tree maintenance, and overall
care of the landscape
- Oversees snow removal of parish parking lots, sidewalks, etc.
- Inspects facilities to detect needed maintenance and insures proper
repairs are made
- Develops and schedules a pro-active preventative maintenance program
- Prepares yearly departmental budget and monitors expenses
- Establishes specs for projects and secures contractor bids
- Procures materials and sundries for the parish
- Liaison to the Town of Mead, Archdiocese of Denver, and Mountain View Fire Protection.
FACILITIES SCHEDULING & UTILIZATION:
-Set Up and Tear Down tables/chairs for different ministries, events, meetings
-Custodial duties for the Parish Center, Catechetical Center, and Chapel
-Works closely with Office Secretary to monitor procedures, analyze
capacity and assess ministry needs
- Works closely with the Business Manager to create a sustainable plan for
maintenance and repairs
- Coordinates with the Pastor and Deacon for any liturgical needs related to
- Requires flexible schedule including evenings and weekends as needed
TECHNICAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE PROFILE:
o High standard of responsibility and accountability
o Excellent written and communication skills
o Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
o Proven problem-solving skills
o Skills in budget management and project management
o General knowledge of HVAC, electrical, plumbing and janitorial applications
Physical Demands/Work Environment
• The characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand,
walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands
and arms; talk and hear and required to climb stairs and ladders; balance; stoop, kneel,
crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and
occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities usually required
by this job include close, distance, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and
ability to adjust focus.
• Duties require operating machinery for outdoor landscape maintenance including mowing and snow shoveling/blading.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions.
• This position requires frequent evenings and/or weekend work and an unpredictable
Requires some variable hours and on-call response after regular business hours to meet the needs of the parish. Requires some weekend, holiday and evening work for events or the ability to arrange coverage. These times include, but are not limited to Christmas season, Holy Week/Easter, fundraisers, after Mass functions, etc. Local travel for business purposes may also be required. The position is to average 40 hours per week.
Profile for Success
o Cooperation and teamwork
o Judgement in job performance
o Reliability and quality of work
o Takes initiative
o Professional demeanor
o Supervision and leadership
Mead, CO 80542