The Janitorial & Maintenance Technician is responsible for ensuring the cleanliness and safety of the school and parish facilities. Duties include daytime janitorial work as well as grounds upkeep and maintenance tasks. This position reports to the Director of Maintenance and works closely with the head of school and other parish and school staff. The Janitorial & Maintenance Technician has a "can do" attitude and is generous, personable and candid.
• Responsible for the safety and cleanliness of school and parish buildings and grounds.
• Performs simple maintenance tasks such as changing light bulbs, painting, replacing air filters, and minor repairs.
• Light cleaning and restroom upkeep and additional daytime janitorial duties, as needed. (Major cleaning addressed by nighttime janitorial service).
• Ensure that all restrooms are stocked with necessary supplies such as toilet paper, hand soap, and paper towels.
• Maintain an inventory of cleaning and maintenance supplies and equipment, and order additional supplies as needed.
• Basic upkeep of the landscaping, including picking up garbage, clearing debris, weed control, removing snow from sidewalks, and other upkeep as necessary.
• Set up and take down tables and chairs for events.
• Monitor and report any damages or malfunctions of the facilities, equipment or fixtures to the Director of Maintenance.
• Occasional evening or weekend work may be required.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Ability to perform physically demanding tasks such as lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds
• Good communication and organizational skills
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Knowledge of basic cleaning and maintenance procedures
• Basic computer literacy
• Ability to follow safety procedures and guidelines.
• Positive attitude toward the Catholic Church, her teachings, and her work. This person refrains from public promotion or approval of, any conduct considered to be in contradiction with Catholic doctrines or morals.
• Experience in janitorial or custodial work in a K-8 environment
• Knowledge of basic maintenance procedures such as electrical, plumbing, and HVAC
• Familiarity with cleaning equipment and supplies
We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits, including generous paid time off and tuition discounts for full-time employees.
Denver, CO 80210