Do you want to make a true difference in the world? Come join our team.
Feeling ready for a career that gives you the freedom to openly live out your values, foster your spiritual life, AND excel at your work? Do you desire to work where you personally will make an eternal impact on the world?
As you look around, you may notice our societal underpinnings, cultural norms, and our overall ethos in America no longer supports and buoys up those seeking to follow Christ. At this pivotal point in history, there is an amazing opportunity to rediscover the power of the Gospel and to bring people to the saving grace and abundance of life in Jesus Christ. If you feel a tug on your heart to live on mission for the glory of the Father, we'd love to meet you.
The Archdiocese of Denver is seeking a detail oriented and customer service inclined person to serve as a Payroll Administrator. If you're a person who relishes getting after it, staying organized and paying close attention while training and supporting others to succeed, we'd love to meet you. This exciting position is responsible for running bi-weekly payroll for multiple different locations, overseeing and supporting with proper use of deductions, accruals, and taxes, and coordinating with our payroll vendor for all tax filings. In addition, this position will be a source of key processes, best practices, and resources for close to 150 ministries, parishes, and schools on training and providing support for locations throughout the archdiocese with their payrolls and tax filings. As our team strives toward becoming a center of excellence and a beacon for the Catholic Church in America on what a people strategy looks like in an apostolic age, your work will serve as a critical foundation for being able to build that strategy.
The Mission of the Archdiocese of Denver:
The Archdiocese of Denver exists so that in Jesus Christ all might be rescued and have abundant life, for the glory of the Father.
At the Archdiocese of Denver Pastoral Center, we seek to live this mission by living the following values. You will be love working here if you aspire and strive to live these.
Abide in Relationship: Having become sons and daughters of the Father in Baptism, we grow in relationship with him and our neighbor.
Be the Cavalry: Our desire is to build up God's Kingdom and to rescue our neighbor. The work to be accomplished is ours. No army is coming; we are the cavalry.
Confound the World: We recognize we're on mission to proclaim the power of the Gospel in the modern wilderness, a hostile land which requires courage in the face of opposition. Our joyful, countercultural witness perplexes the world and plants seeds of curiosity about its origin.
Key Job Responsibilities (and KPIs for each: what success looks like in this role):
- Prepare and process multi-site payroll, accurately from start to finish on a bi-weekly basis including but not limited to entering changes, exceptions, garnishments and other earnings/deductions in an accurate and timely fashion
- Process vacation hours, sick hours, holiday pay, benefit deductions, and tax deductions
- Generate manual checks as required
- Obtain, verify and process all payroll changes and updates from managers or HR including but not limited to new hires, terminations, promotions, transfers, bonuses, commissions, incentives, reimbursements and salary changes
- Review data imported from time and attendance systems, including time sheets and time off notifications to ensure accurate transfer of hours worked and pay owed
- Research and resolve any pay and/or tax related discrepancies or inquires timely
- Partner with HR team to help maintain database of current employees as it impacts timekeeping & payroll functions of system
- Work with Payroll Vendor to facilitate garnishments
- Respond to day-to-day employee payroll inquiries (in the payroll profiles directly overseen) and take appropriate action ensuring timely review and resolution of issues
- Oversee the comprehensive list of earnings and deductions codes needed for the aggregate group of payroll profiles and work with vendor and accounting team to adjust in scope and content (GL mapping) as needed
Oversee the review and reconciliation of:
- Payroll-generated 941s for accuracy
- Quarterly 941 reports
- Quarterly lay pension payments (in conjunction with the Pension Plan Analyst)
- Annual W-2s and 1099s
- Oversee compliance with state, federal/IRS guidelines related to income and tax reporting
MISSION SUPPORT FOR MINSTRIES, SCHOOLS, PARISHES
*Metrics: Monthly (or as needed) payroll trainings for new Business Managers, Responding to Payroll Support Questions according to the SLA, Monthly Business Manager Formation Day participation, quarterly (or more frequently) updates and communication of resource documents on Knowledgebase pertaining to payroll best practices
- Daily and weekly response to Payroll Support questions to provide support for ministries/schools/parishes
- Creation of process documents, templates, and other payroll resources for ministries/schools/parishes
- Coordination with Marketing and Communication to brand resources
- Coordinate with Marketing and Communications to update websites with resources and other communication, as necessary
- Prepare key communications to ministries/schools/parishes about resources available, relevant and timely topics via Business Manager Mission Link weekly emails, as necessary
- Presenting at various pastor training workshops, as requested - Presenting at various business manager formation dates, as requested
Other Duties As Assigned
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Associate degree (minimum)
- 3-7 years successful experience processing payroll and administration of the payroll system
- 3-5 years Successful customer service experience
COMPETENCIES and QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be a practicing Catholic eager to carry out the mission of the Archdiocese to rescue all people in Jesus Christ for the glory of the Father
- Willingness to learn and grow
- Team Player and Relationship Builder: An ability to establish rapport, put people at ease, and show genuine interest in others' needs and feelings at appropriate times while building trust through healthy conflict
- Strong organizational and record keeping skills, and attention to details
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills for clarity, collaboration, and ease of work
- Solid understanding of payroll best practices and accounting fundamentals
- High level of familiarity with payroll taxes
- Strong knowledge of legislation and regulations in the payroll and compensation fields
- An ability to maintain strict confidence regarding all information and issues addressed under this position; Must be able to recognize and respect confidential information in any and all forms.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, and a generally sound understanding of how to navigate other information systems.
- Strong experience in Payroll Software
- Strong time management skills
- This position requires ability to sit for extended periods.
- Standing walking, kneeling, stooping, bending, lifting, and squatting also will be required as necessary to perform the duties of the position
- Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods
• Comprehensive and Generous Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Coverage:
" The Archdiocese of Denver Welfare Benefits Trust medical plan options cover preventive care at 100%
" Teladoc Services: Provides access 24 hours, seven days a week to U.S. Board-certified doctors
" Alternative Care: Covers 50% of each medically necessary treatment/visit per calendar year for Chiropractic/Acupuncture/Spiritual Care/Massage Therapy/Naturopathy under the Copay plan and Choice options.
" Natural Family Planning: The program covers up to $500 of expenses associated with the cost of an approved natural family planning (NFP) course/method and associated NFP supplies for all medical plan options (per calendar year)
" Maternity Management Program: Advice, free educational materials
• Generous Paid Time Off: 22 days starting (accrued) + 18 paid holidays (including the full week between Christmas and New Year's.
• Pension Plan: Annual Contribution of 6% of salary to retirement plan
• Parental Leave: 60 Calendar Days for mothers and 30 Calendar Days for fathers fully paid upon the birth/placement of a child (natural birth, adoption, foster-to-adopt). Full parental leave can be used if employed 12 months or longer. Half (30 days for mothers/15 days for fathers) can be used if employed 6 months to a year.
• Cemetery and Mortuary Discounts
• Employer-Paid Life Insurance
• Employer-Paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
• Catholic Biblical School: Free and discount courses
• Augustine Institute: 25% off master's degree courses