The following is illustrative, but not exhaustive of the scope of responsibilities of the Facilities Manager at Bishop Machebeuf High School:
1. Manages and performs all work related to the maintenance of school facilities, including but not limited to HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and custodial. When work is outside of the scope of expertise, develops a plan to correct the situation by hiring outside contractors. Presents this plan to the Director of Operations for approval prior to adoption.
2. Maintains equipment on school grounds by closely monitoring equipment function and completing necessary testing as required. Also maintains accurate records of all maintenance and repairs. Performs repairs as needed.
3. Develops and manages a system to identify areas of need for the
facilities. In consultation with the Director of Operations, prioritizes the
needs and establishes timelines for meeting the needs.
4. Oversees custodial needs of the school. Ensures that custodial expectations are being met. Corrects any custodial deficiencies. Provides custodial services as needed or requested by the school.
5. Assists in event coordination as requested. Ensures proper scheduling of set up and take down for meetings, events, and otherwise, as directed.
6. Oversees grounds maintenance of the school and any other properties owned by the school. This includes, but is not limited to, lawn maintenance, sprinkler systems, trees, and snow removal.
7. Makes sure facilities meet building code requirements and assists with
coordination of inspections by outside parties.
8. Supervise contractors and vendors as they relate to maintenance and grounds. Ensures work is done according to contracts and bids.
9. Implements procedures for handling, storing, safekeeping, and destruction of hazardous materials. Maintains school MSDS system.
10. Works with Director of Operations to manage and ensure compliance with annual facilities budget.
11. Inspects school properties for areas of concern on a daily basis. Immediately corrects and makes arrangements for correcting areas with safety concerns.
12. Develops and manages a plan for the annual interior summer cleaning. Presents the plan to the Director of Operations prior to June 1st. Updates the Director of Operations weekly on progress of the summer cleaning.
13. Orders custodial, maintenance, and grounds supplies as necessary.
14. Ensures participation in diocesan meetings and preventative maintenance programs.
15. At the Director of Operation's request, assist in the the bid process for purchases or contracts related to facilities. Recommends contractors to the Director of Operations.
16. Assists in student projects as requested by the Director of Operations.
17. Other duties as assigned by the Director of Operations.