The Director of hospitality will organize events, coordinate facilities use and work closely with volunteers to give parishioners and visitors a welcoming experience at Queen of Peace, where they may experience the love of Christ.
1) Facilities Management
- Manage scheduling of rooms with parish and outside groups.
- Oversee proper care and use of rooms.
- Set up rooms for meetings, events, classes, etc.
- Manage the closing of the church and fill in as needed.
- Collaborate with Maintenance Director in oversight of cleaning company.
- Assist with minor repairs and maintenance as needed.
- Lead parish security team.
2) Special Events Coordination
- Annual Parish Festival.
- Palm Sunday and Corpus Christi Processions.
- Holy Week and Triduum liturgies.
- Our Lady of Guadalupe Celebration.
- Christmas Novena and Midnight Mass Celebrations.
- Lead and implement other special events in the parish and rectory as needed.
3) Weekend Experience
- Lead and train Hospitality Minister teams in all Masses.
- Ensure clean and welcoming space (gathering space, bathrooms, sanctuary, etc.
- Assist in communication and implementation of the parish's Discipleship Weekends and other special collections.
- Coordinate and schedule after Mass events/activities in the Gathering Space.
- Respond to funeral inquiries in a timely manner.
- Meet with the families to plan funeral liturgies.
- Attend funeral Masses and ensure liturgy is prepared correctly.
- Faithful to and living in accordance to the teachings of the Catholic Church
- Zeal for the New Evangelization and a desire to implement the Second Vatican Council in the parish
- Obedience to the pastor and full cooperation in supporting his mission
- Personable; must be able to make parishioners and visitors feel welcome and loved; able to connect with people of different cultures
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Able to carry up to 50 lbs