The Business Manager will lead JPG in the areas of accounting, human resources, insurance, real estate, and risk management. This position supports the President in creating and advancing a strategic vision for the school and maintaining sound fiscal management of all internal business operations.
Candidate Profile & Responsibilities
The Business Manager must be a Catholic in good standing with the Catholic Church, who assents to the
Church's teachings on all matters, with particular care for those concerning the nature of the human
person, sexual ethics and sexual identity. The candidate shall possess a zeal for the Lord, living the faith in
all aspects of life, with an ability to speak comfortably and competently to the JPG team and stakeholders.
This position requires a minimum of 40 hours per week plus a willingness to devote additional time as
needed for board meetings, community and donor engagement events and other meetings.
In terms of the performance and personal competencies expected for the position, we would highlight the
• Bachelor's degree required with a preference for study in accounting, finance, or administration.
• A minimum of 5 years of professional experience working administrative roles with exposure
to bookkeeping, human resources, insurance, and office management.
• Highly competent with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
• Demonstrated success in addressing immediate organizational needs while driving toward
longer-term goals with buy-in from all stakeholders.
• Strategic planning experience and execution capabilities with the ability to cultivate stakeholder
relationships across various levels.
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills, including evidence of enhancing an organization's
financial strength and sustainability.
Accounting & Finance Responsibilities
• Ensures that appropriate accounting systems and internal controls are in place and maintained and
provides regular financial reports to the President and the Board of Trustees of all funds and assets
of the school and all income and expenditures pertaining to its operation.
• Provide timely and accurate budgets, financial reports, and trend analyses to assist the President, the
Board and other senior leaders in planning and decision-making.
• Oversee and lead the annual budgeting process; work with department heads to craft individual
budgets; work with senior leadership to finalize a comprehensive plan that supports goals;
coordinate the review and approval process with Finance and Executive Committees and Board of
• Develop a reliable cash flow projection process that addresses and reports operating cash needs.
• Develop and oversee organizational dashboard and monitor trends.
• Coordinate and lead the annual audit process (if applicable), serve as liaison between auditors and
the Audit Committee; facilitate completion and approval of audited statements and required annual
Business Operations Responsibilities
• Works closely with the President and Board of Trustees; communicates clearly and timely on
matters impacting the school; is a member of governance and finance Board Subcommittees and
participates in their meetings; and assists in setting various agendas
• Pursuant to the annual operating budget approved by the school's Board of Trustees, carries out
the school's organizational structure and assists with the Human Resources efforts of the
• Supports the President in overseeing the financial affairs of the school, including the creation and
use of scholarship and endowment funds, tuition and fee schedules, debt service and bank
• Insurance & Risk Management - Oversee the insurance and risk management of the school.
• Admissions - Support the admissions director of the school, particularly as it relates to financial aid.
• Fundraising & Investments - Track and manage the school's capital campaign and associated
Who Should Apply?
The Business Manager will embody the core values of St. John Paul the Great Catholic High School and
will be join our team of missionary disciples. An undergraduate degree is required, an MBA, CPA or related
degree is preferred. The successful candidate will have at least 5 years of overall professional experience
with at least 3 years of broad financial and administrative management experience.
The ideal candidate has experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of financial data,
reporting and audit coordination for either a division or significant program area. The ability to translate
financial concepts to - and to effectively collaborate with -- colleagues who do not necessarily have finance
A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organizational and problem-solving skills which
support and enable sound decision making. Excellent communication and relationship building skills with
an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders. A multi-
tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment.
Please apply for this position on our website using the provided form. You will have an opportunity to submit
your resume and cover letter, addressed to the President, and indicate how your experience is relevant to this
role with St. John Paul the Great Catholic High School
The salary range is $80,000 to $120,000 and may be increased commensurate with experience. St.
John Paul the Great offers a competitive suite of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and life benefits.
Denver, CO 80210