General Purpose: To further the spiritual and religious mission of the Diocese by helping the accounting department in the following areas: general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, audit, and general clerical. Input changes, additions, payments, and intentions in the ParishSOFT Family Suite.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform preliminary review of check requisitions and incoming statements for completeness and accuracy in Chrome River. Verify the totals and that appropriate backup information is attached including W-9 and contract agreements.
• Update recurring bills. Enter all bills in Chrome River.
• Match invoices to statements. Follow up with departments/vendors on missing documentation for check requisitions.
• Maintain files of checks, stubs, data reports, and requisitions.
• Send credit card statements to departments and enter monthly Diocesan charges.
• Enter data regarding adjusting journal entries to the general ledger for the diocesan, pension plans, and Catholic Foundation.
Development/Demographic Database - ParishSOFT Family Suite
• Backup/give support to Donor Services Coordinator, as needed.
• Enter intentions/donations for Diocesan Ministry Appeal and fundraising programs.
Enter demographic updates.
• Assist in opening and listing of incoming mail daily.
• Open and date stamp all accounting mail and distribute as appropriate.
• Create pdf version of various monthly reports and deliver to recipients by e-mail, mail, or fax.
• File documents as needed.
• Record retention: Prepare records for on-site and long-term off-site storage. Destroy appropriate records per Diocesan policy.
• Maintain AP email and company email. Respond in timely manner.