This position works collaboratively with the lead teacher to plan, develop, execute and deliver lesson plans based on Archdiocese of Denver Catholic School's preschool standards. The role of teacher assistant is to assist the classroom teacher with daily instruction, supervision of students, and maintaining a clean, safe and enriching learning environment that reflects Catholic Christian values and Christ's love for our youngest learners.
Experience and Certification
• Current early childhood professional Credential Level II Version 1.0 or 2.0 as determined by the Colorado Department of Education. (Includes 1820 hours of verified experience, ECE 101 and ECE 103)
• Complete necessary training as required by CDHS and the Archdiocese of Denver
• 1 year classroom experience
• Complete Archdiocese of Denver Safe Environment Training
Expectations and Qualifications
• Must have background and training in early childhood education methods
• Must have appropriate and effective classroom management skills specific to preschool aged children
• Assist lead teacher in all functions related to classroom management and teaching and perform duties and assistance as assigned by classroom teacher
• Helps to maintain safe and healthy environment for students and assists with cleaning as per regulatory guidelines
• Attends preschool staff meetings regularly.
• Creates positive relationship with parents
• Communicate student concerns with teacher so teacher can address them with parents
• Maintain confidentiality and professionalism in all matters
• Maintains professional appearance.
• Notifies the director and co-teachers in the event of an absence
• Works with all staff members, faculty and administration in a cooperative and supportive manner.
• Must support the mission of Catholic education.
Reports to Direct Daily Supervisor: Lead Classroom Teacher
Direct Supervisor: Preschool Director
Location of School: 620 Elizabeth St, Denver, CO 80206
Non-exempt, Hourly base pay $18.00, Full-Time, 37.5 hours per week, benefits eligible - health, dental, paid time off