Manages the administrative functions of the parish, including all areas of finance, office operations, and human resource administration. The financial aspects of the parish include accounts payable and receivable, budgeting, reporting to the Archdiocese, Finance Council, parishioners, and assisting other staff with financial related projects and tasks. The human resources duties for the parish including bi-weekly payroll processing, benefits administration, and maintaining personnel records. The parish uses ParishSoft Accounting and Paycom software. The Business Administrator operates with the understanding that while a church must function like a business it has an overriding obligation to model gospel values.
MAJOR POSITION RESPONSIBLIITIES:
Finance and Accounting:
Responsible for sound stewardship of parish financial matters consistent with relevant laws, Archdiocesan policies, and moral ethics.
• Plans, coordinates, and oversees annual budgeting process.
• Produces and reviews financial reports including, but not limited
to, monthly balance sheet and income statements.
• Reconciles bank accounts and payroll.
• Produces quarterly pension report and submits funds.
• Produces and mails annual contribution statements to
• Develops and implements control and approval procedures for
all parish purchasing. Reviews and approves payment of all
• Implements internal accounting controls and enhance controls,
Human Resources Administration:
Responsible handling employment matters in compliance with relevant laws and Archdiocesan policy while reflecting appropriate religious values.
• Monitors and communicates information about benefits
including life, medical, dental, and disability insurance, 403B
plans, lay and priests' retirement plans, flexible spending plans,
and all other benefits offered by the Archdiocese.
• Assists the Pastor in monitoring performance on an ongoing
basis, utilizing the procedures specified by the Archdiocesan
Human Resource Department.
• Assists the Facilities Manager in reviewing contracts for
construction projects and bids for large repair and maintenance
• Assists with maintaining compliance with all building codes,
OSHA regulations, and other relevant laws.
• Organizes and directs the work of the church office. Supervises
receptionist and accounting assistant.
• Recruits, trains, and supervises office volunteers including the
offertory counting teams.
• Collaborates with pastoring community and ministry leaders in
support of their ministries.