Duties and Responsibilities:
Arrange for repair or call in an approved contractor for plumbing, roofing, electrical, heating/cooling, equipment, doors, locks and related hardware, windows, furniture, waste removal, fencing, carpet, floor tiles, painting, refinishing doors, ceiling tiles, gym equipment, audio visual equipment, exterior and interior lighting, day car toys and equipment, and playground equipment.
Oversee maintenance and repair of all custodial equipment including vacuums, gardening, equipment, ladders, dollies and trash containers. Maintenance and repair of mowers, leaf blowers, tools, and sprinkler system. Maintain parish vehicles.
Grounds maintenance including lawn care, trash and litter removal, ice and snow removal and pest control and verifying work done my outside contractors.
Conduct inspection tours with Fire Dept, Loss Prevention teams, health and safety teams, boiler officials, fire alarm system and kitchen fire suppression system contractors.
Attend meetings and training sessions to comply with federal and state regulations and current Archdiocese safety standards. Obtain required certifications by appropriate agencies.
• High school diploma, 1-4 years experience in plant operations/maintenance.
• Knowledge of operation and maintenance of various maintenance and housekeeping equipment.
• Mechanical ability to repair, replace, or identify problems in all areas described above.
• Possess strong organization and communication skills as well as the ability to prioritize tasks, but have the flexibility to handle unexpected or last minute requests appropriately.
• Practical knowledge and respect of the Catholic Church and its beliefs and protocols.
• Familiarity with church and school environments.
• Comply with all regulations outlined by regulatory agencies and assure any and all licenses and certifications are kept current.