TITLE: Maintenance Supervisor
COMPANY: St. Michael the Archangel Catholic Parish in Aurora, Colorado
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, hourly, non-exempt
BASIC FUNCTION: Responsible for the overall maintenance of the parish buildings and grounds. Supervises other full-time or part-time maintenance personnel.
- Inspect the church, parish center, parish offices and rectories on a regular basis to determine any extraordinary maintenance needs; consult with the Business Manager before addressing such identified needs.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Maintain outdoor sprinkler systems.
- Sidewalk snow removal.
- Spot-clean and repair carpeting, upholstery, chairs and tables.
- Replace light bulbs, fixtures and ballasts as needed.
- Maintain order in all storage areas.
- Oversee the cleaning and maintaining of the heating and air-conditioning units.
- Perform/oversee all remodeling/repair tasks as scheduled.
- Maintain/monitor the security system(s) enacted or installed by the Parish to protect the community's employees, volunteers, and property.
- Comply with all regulations outlined by regulatory agencies and assure any and all licenses and certifications are kept current.
- Perform room set-ups as necessary.
- Order janitorial and paper (towels, tissue, etc.) products.
- Order and stock parish center kitchen supplies.
- Order and pick up supplies for Sandwich Makers.
- Communicate with outside contractors on all warranty items; maintain all files relating to warranty items; undertake the solicitation of bids as requested by the Pastor or Business Manager.
- Communicate with and oversee the work of outside contractors concerning care for the grass at the church/parish center and rectories; pruning bushes and trees; maintaining plant beds; apply fertilizer as needed; insect control; parking lot snow removal.
- Communicate with and oversee the work of outside contractors concerning the cleaning of the building.
- Oversee the work performed by the cleaning custodian(s), closing and security supervisor, occasional volunteers and community service workers.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Other miscellaneous jobs, as time allows or as needed.
- Knowledge of electrical, plumbing and heating maintenance so as to be able to perform minor repairs/replacement and/or to diagnose particular problems in these areas so that an independent contractor may be employed to perform the proper repair.
- Experience in and capability to repair interior wood fixtures, drywall, carpet and tile, papered interior walls, exterior trim, windows and brick walls, roof (shingle repairs and spot repairs), outdoor sprinkler system.
- Experience in the operation and minor repair of small engines (lawnmower tractors, snow removal equipment, etc.).
- Familiarity with aspects of landscaping care: grass, bushes, trees.
- Practical knowledge and respect of the Catholic Church and its beliefs and protocols.
- Possess strong organization and communication skills, as well as the ability to prioritize tasks, but have the flexibility to handle unexpected or last-minute requests appropriately.
REQUIREMENTS: The Maintenance Supervisor works a normal 40-hour workweek, though there may be times where overtime is required on nights and weekends (i.e. snow removal, lock-up). Must be available to be called to the parish in the event of an emergency related to the malfunctioning of major equipment, i.e. heating/air-conditioning units. This position involves lifting of up to 60-70 pounds.