Location: Golden, CO
The Accounting Manager contributes to the organization's goals through day-to-day operational support, payroll administration assistance, month and year-end reconciliation review, and strategic project leadership. The goal of the position is to manage and build long-term development of a team that exceeds in team goals:
- Provide stewardship and accountability of benefactor gifts and FOCUS efforts
- Provide exceptional service internally to all staff and externally to all constituents
- Provide accurate, timely, relevant, and reliable financial reporting to inform and support decision-making
- Provide effective and efficient solutions through process and internal control evaluations
This individual is expected to embody the cultural virtues of FOCUS and inspire others towards joyful sacrifice, personal excellence, and vital unity.
- Utilize management experience and attention to detail to coach staff in day-to-day administrative support through Accounts Payable and related functions
- Assist in the month-end close process and the annual audit by supporting the preparation and leading the review of reconciled accounts to ensure and confirm accuracy and compliance of processes, procedures, controls, and financials are accurate, timely, and reliable.
- Respond to the needs of other departments and leadership of FOCUS through delivery of ad hoc projects and special requests.
- Oversee internal and external compliance through supportive training curriculum to employees and monthly review of IRS, GAAP, and federal/state regulations related to accounting and payroll.
- Contribute to excellent performance of the Finance and Accounting teams as a whole and serve and care for individual teammates by leading team meetings, participating in team events, problem-solving and brainstorming with direct reports and peers, and encouraging growth at an individual and team level through discussion and constructive feedback.
- Accounting degree or commensurable work experience required
- Management experience
As a FOCUS staff member, you and your family will have access to several benefits that are designed to help care for the whole person and make your career at FOCUS rewarding. You will receive:
- Medical, Vision and Dental insurance
- Ability to contribute to a Health Savings Account
- Employer-provided life insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Options to purchase additional life insurance for yourself, your spouse and your child(ren)
- 403(b) retirement plan with a discretionary employer-match for eligible staff
- Option to purchase LifeLock Identity Protection
- Integrity-based Paid Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- We observe many paid holidays recognized by fellow Americans and also some of the feast days of Holy Mother Church. In addition, we recognize the Sacred Christmas Respite by closing the office from December 24-January 1 each year.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold (full-time, part-time or temporary,) and your tenure with FOCUS. Specific benefits may change at FOCUS's discretion.
If interested, please apply at https://www.focus.org/about/get-involved/careers.