Do you want to make a true difference in the world? Come join our team.
Feeling ready for a career that gives you the freedom to openly live out your values, foster your spiritual life, AND excel at your work? Do you desire to work where you personally will make an eternal impact on the world?
As you look around, you may notice our societal underpinnings, cultural norms ,and our overall ethos in America no longer supports and buoys up those seeking to follow Christ. At this pivotal point in history, there is an amazing opportunity to rediscover the power of the Gospel and to bring people to the saving grace and abundance of life in Jesus Christ. If you feel a tug on your heart to live on mission for the glory of the Father, we'd love to meet you.
The Archdiocese of Denver is seeking a relational, detail-oriented, critical thinker to serve as a Benefits Administrator. If you are a person who loves serving people and loves investigation, thinking on your feet, and managing a robust program, we'd love to meet you.
This exciting position is responsible for the planning and administration of our robust employee benefits programs.
You will work within our Human Resources team to coordinate the processing of benefits for Archdiocesan staff as well as across all parishes and entities throughout the Archdiocese. As our team strives toward becoming a center of excellence and a beacon for the Catholic Church in America on what a people strategy looks like in an apostolic age, your work will serve as a critical foundation for being able to build that strategy.
The Mission of the Archdiocese of Denver:
The Archdiocese of Denver exists so that in Jesus Christ all might be rescued and have abundant life, for the glory of the Father.
At the Archdiocese of Denver Pastoral Center, we seek to live this mission by living the following values. You will be love working here if you aspire and strive to live these.
Abide in Relationship:
Having become sons and daughters of the Father in Baptism, we grow in relationship with him and our neighbor.
Be the Cavalry:
Our desire is to build up God's Kingdom and to rescue our neighbor.
The work to be accomplished is ours. No army is coming; we are the cavalry.
Confound the World:
We recognize we're on mission to proclaim the power of the Gospel in the modern wilderness, a hostile land which requires courage in the face of opposition.
Our joyful, countercultural witness perplexes the world and plants seeds of curiosity about its origin.
Key Job Responsibilities (and KPIs for each: what success looks like in this role):
Benefits Administration*Metrics: Timely and accurate administrative duties as outlined below:
- Maintain and update employee records and benefits files
- Coordinate weekly benefits processing, including enrollments,
- Maintain and create records, reports, and documentation in accordance
with federal, state, provider, and plan document regulations
- Maintain and be the expert in benefits plan documents to ensure plan rules are followed and benefits program is protected to be the best we can offer employees
- Ensure HRIS is accurate and up-to-date for all benefits plan
administration and notices
- Coordinate with payroll to ensure employer and employee payroll
deductions are processed accurately and in a timely manner
- Organize and ensure all systems and key staff are prepared for annual Open Enrollment
Coordination with Ministries, Parishes, and Schools *Metrics: Freshdesk Service Level Agreement metrics met or exceeded, 90%+ customer survey satisfaction, general positive feedback from those we serve.
- Respond to Queries in a Timely-Manner (in accordance with SLA)
- Resolve Benefit Related Issues and through investigation of issues,
working with and reporting to HR Director and team, as appropriate
- Collaborate with Business Managers to ensure employees have all the resources they need to elect, maintain, and use benefits
- Coordinate with Business Managers to ensure employer and employee payroll deductions are processed accurately and in a timely manner
- Coordinate with other organizations with the Benefits Trust, as necessary
Coordination with Vendors:
*Metrics: Weekly reporting of any issues related to benefits vendors and accurate and timely processing of enrollments, terminations, Continuation of Coverage, claims (within 1 week of changes or requests)
- Participate in regular and effective tactical meetings to ensure accurate processing - requires robust preparation and maintaining and updating records and notes
- Ensure HRIS is working effectively and accurately in coordination with Benefits Carriers, identifying issues and looking for efficiencies whenever possible
- Participate in monthly/quarterly review/strategic meetings with vendors to identify and plan out areas for best practices of benefits programs
- Track, maintain records of, and ensure timely processing forms/requests from carriers to ensure employees receive benefits
- Evaluate the efficiency and value of current benefit program offering to make recommendations to Director of HR Operations for improvement
- Coordinate all tasks, communications, and processing for open
enrollment with all vendors (including payroll calendar, benefits packets and communications, current benefits costs/plans, etc.
*Metrics: Accurate, timely (regular), effective communications about benefits plans
- Work with Benefits Broker to review and process all communications
- Update all communications around Annual Open Enrollment to ensure Business Managers and employees have all pertinent information to make decisions regarding their benefits
- Coordinate with Marketing and Communications to update websites
with Benefits information and other communication, as necessary
- Ensure HRIS and other systems are updated with regulatory notices
- Send key communications to employees about benefits through HRIS
- Other Duties As Assigned
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in human resources, business, finance, or a related field
3+ years successful experience as a benefits administrator or similar role.
COMPETENCIES and QUALIFICATIONS:
• Must be a practicing Catholic eager to carry out the mission of the
Archdiocese to rescue all people in Jesus Christ for the glory of the
• An ability to maintain strict confidence regarding all information and
issues addressed under this position; Must be able to recognize and
respect confidential information in any and all forms.
• Team Player: An ability to establish rapport, put people at ease, and
show genuine interest in others' needs and feelings at appropriate times while building trust through healthy conflict;
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills for
clarity, collaboration, and ease of work
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills to ensure all parties are aware of needs being addressed and met through regular
• Working knowledge of relevant policies and regulations
• Demonstrated analytic capabilities to identify, assess, and resolve issues
• An ability to establish regular check points to prevent problems and
proactively plan with the help of the Director
• An ability to maintain patience, confidence and composure under
pressure or adverse circumstances without compromising the timely
completion of job duties.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to details
• Software experience - HRIS system experience a must - proficiency in Microsoft office suite, Adobe, and a generally sound understanding of how to navigate other information systems.
• Visual acuity both near and far, manual dexterity with good eye/hand
coordination, good hearing and speech.
• This position requires ability to sit for extended periods.
• Standing walking, kneeling, stooping, bending, lifting, and squatting
also will be required as necessary to perform the duties of the position
A background screening will be processed on qualified applicant.