General Purpose: To further the religious and spiritual mission of the Diocese of Colorado Springs by providing a variety of maintenance tasks, such as carpentry, minor electrical, plumbing, and painting at the Catholic Pastoral Center, and occasionally at other diocesan properties.
This is a part-time position: 25 hours per week
Hourly Wage Range: $16.50 - $18.05 per hour
Part-time employees may receive holiday pay, depending on regular work schedule, and earn Discretionary Time Off (DTO).
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Troubleshoot equipment malfunctions
• Operate carpet cleaning system to maintain/clean carpets, according to predetermined cleaning schedule.
• Move and maintain office furniture and equipment when requested. May include set up and tear down.
• Paint interior spaces upon request, or as needed.
• Perform light maintenance, repairs and special projects as needed, including changing light bulbs, hanging pictures, replacing light fixtures, ballasts, and ceiling tiles, repairing equipment and facility to include plumbing fixtures, and carpentry. Perform demolition during renovation, as required.
• Maintain the grounds: keep sidewalks free of debris and snow (occasionally before and after hours, as needed); ensure the sprinkler system is operating properly to include startup and shutdown; fertilize, mow, trim, and rake lawn, plant flowers and bushes; and remove weeds.
• Maintain roof and roof drains clear of debris quarterly, or more, as needed.
• Find creative solutions for a wide variety of facility needs, and provide input to supervisor.
• Organize janitor's closets, monitors supplies and alerts supervisor regarding maintenance of adequate stock. Manages inventory of tools/supplies in good working order.
• Water and prune interior plants.
• Be available for facility emergency situations.
• Support receptionist including: answering switchboard and greeting visitors
• Maintain and clean parking lot.
• Identify and schedule maintenance issues that need repair/attention.
• Oversees contractors in the absence of the Director of Properties or Facilities Manager.
• Participates in monthly and quarterly Department meetings.
• Prepare cleaning solutions for carpet and general cleaning purposes by following label instructions to achieve desired results.
• Perform custodial tasks not provided by contractor.
• Follows appropriate HAZMAT and HAZCOM procedures.
• Back up to Facilities Manager on HVAC control system, alarm calls, Emerge system, Facility Tree system