BARISTA - Tahosa Coffee House at Camp St. Malo
Near Estes Park, CO
Job Title: Service Barista
Categories: Full time and part time positions available
Location: Tahosa Coffee House at Camp St. Malo, near Estes Park, Colorado
Reports To: Manager of Tahosa Coffee House
Salary: Hourly + tips
Start Date: Immediately
If you want the experience of working at a coffee shop in the beautiful Rocky Mountains, serving delicious drinks, giving an unforgettable experience to people stopping to visit Camp St. Malo from all over the world, and inviting others into the beauty of God's creation through hospitality and a breathtaking atmosphere - this is your shot!
We are looking to build a team of hospitable, skilled baristas to staff and serve in this new component of the Camp St. Malo mission. Applicants should be excited to extend true Christian hospitality to our guests and work in a fast-paced atmosphere, with experience or the ability to be trained as a barista. Our goal is to foster an experience of beauty and rest, with quality products and outstanding service to our guests as a way to facilitate an encounter with the Lord.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Preparing all styles of coffee drinks and other specialty drinks
• Warming and serving pre-packaged food
• Handling cash & other forms of payment
• Making proficient sales transactions using our point-of-sale system (Square)
• Maintaining proper cash drawer balances
• Having thorough knowledge of St. Malo property, mission, and history
• Demonstrating impeccable product knowledge
• Able to make recommendations and suggestions to customers
• Maintaining a clean and organized workspace
• Stocking coffee, food, cups/lids, etc. throughout the shift
• Properly labeling and dating perishable items
• Loading and unloading the dishwasher as needed
• Performing opening, closing & side duties - setting up/breaking down the self-service station, cleaning countertops & tables, sweeping the floor, etc.
• Answering questions accurately and with charity
• Encountering the person in front of you with interest and respect
• Supporting and contributing to the mission and overall success of Tahosa Coffee House
• Handling customer feedback and concerns with patience and kindness
• Performing duties which require bending & reaching
• Lifting & transporting boxes of inventory/glasses/dishes, etc.
• Standing or walking on the floor, for up to 8+ hours
• Maintaining a well-groomed appearance
• Following all uniform guidelines
• Practicing all safety & sanitation standards
• Recycling products as diligently as possible
• Remaining calm in a fast-paced atmosphere
• Demonstrating a high level of organization, attention to detail and a sense of urgency
• Displaying a joyful demeanor toward coworkers and customers
• Maintaining Tahosa Coffee House's Values and Mission Statement
Personal Attributes: Hard working, joyful, able to work under minimal supervision.
Education/Experience: Previous cafe, coffee shop, or restaurant experience preferred.
Special Skills/Equipment Requirements:
- You will need a car to get to/from work.
- You will be required to don a Tahosa Coffee House apron and adhere to all clothing guidelines.