Do you love the coffee industry and see the inherent way coffee connects people in a disconnected world? Do you love the mountains and see believe that exposure to the beauty of God's creation is a way to encounter the Creator? Do you have dream of being a part of a coffee shop start up project that is not yet open? Do you want to combine your Catholic faith with your professional coffee industry skills as part of a dynamic team seeking to serve God in a mission that is over 100 years old? Perhaps you should prayerfully consider applying for the Manage of the Coffee Shop at Camp St. Malo in Allenspark, Colorado.
The Coffee Shop Manager is a full-time, year-round position with the overall responsibility to manage day-to-day operations of the coffee shop as well as supervising volunteer staff at St Catherine Chapel and St Williams Gift Shop. As a new coffee shop with an expressed mission of providing top quality products and services to our guests with an eye towards facilitating an encounter with grace, the coffee shop manager will be responsible to lead the meaning of the mission alongside the responsibilities and operations of the coffee shop and heritage center. The primary responsibility of this position includes organizing daily operations and motivating staff to provide excellent customer service, training and scheduling shifts for baristas, monitoring daily expenses and revenues, and ordering coffee shop supplies as needed.
Education: Bachelor's degree.
Experience: At least 2-5 years experience at a managerial level of the coffee shop industry
- Be the primary ambassador of Christ in the context of the coffee shop's mission.
- Manage all day-to-day operations of coffee shop
- Hire baristas
- Train employees on drink and food preparation and proper use of coffee equipment
- Coordinate with vendors and order supplies as needed.
- Maintain Square POS system for Coffee Shop.
- Count inventory monthly.
- Add new items based on seasonality and customer preference.
- Advise staff on the best ways to resolve issues with clients and deliver excellent customer service.
- Ensure all areas of Coffee Shop are cleaned daily.
- Nurture friendly relationships with customers to increase loyalty and boost our reputation.
- Schedule and oversee volunteers for St Catherine Chapel and St Williams Gift shop.
- Other duties as assigned
- 2-5 years managerial experience as a Cafe Manager or Barista
- Hands-on experience with professional coffee machines
- Good math skills
- Availability to work within opening hours (including weekends and holidays)
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to manage and motivate a team
- Customer service attitude
- The position demands for a person of deep faith to be highly organized, good with details, strong leadership abilities and experiences, and most of all, a heart to serve Christ.