Position: Full-time Religious Studies Teacher, Starting August 11, 2023
Saint Mary's College High School is seeking a full-time Religious Studies Teacher beginning with the 2023-2024 school year.
Saint Mary's College High School is a Lasallian Catholic college preparatory located in Berkeley. Operating in a trimester format, we offer an excellent college-preparatory education to an ethnically and economically diverse, inclusive student body. We emphasize academic excellence, student wellness, and community. We are a professional learning community that employs a Backward Design approach to course design, instruction, and assessment. We are fully accredited by the Western Catholic Education Association (WCEA & WASC). To learn more about our school visit www.saintmaryschs.org.
Requirements for Religious Studies Teaching Faculty at Saint Mary's:
• Practicing Catholic
• Active support of the Lasallian Mission of Saint Mary's College High School
• Bachelor of Arts Degree or higher in Religious Studies or a closely related field
• Active participation in the co-curricular and spiritual life of the school
• Facility working with high-school students
• Religious Education Certification
• California Teaching Credential or Master's Degree in Education
• Strong computer skills with a variety of applications and software
• Experience teaching at the high-school level
• Interest in actively participating in the co-curricular activities of the school (coaching, performing arts, club leadership)
• Experience with multiple teaching methodologies and outcome-based assessment
• Salary is based on the faculty salary scale, ranges between $58,000 and $105,000, depending on the experience and education of the applicant.
• Full-time, 10-month (190-day), permanent, exempt position
• Full benefits package included
• Work hours include some evening and weekend events
Please submit cover letter and resume to:
Elizabeth Haro, Assistant to the Principal, at [email protected]
Please include your name and "Religious Studies Position" in the Subject Line.