Marin Catholic High School is seeking a full-time Counselor for the 2023-24 school year.
* Position will begin August 2023.
The Counseling program is an essential part of the total education process at Marin Catholic. The counselors are committed to the education of the whole person and work to enhance the personal, social, spiritual, educational, and career growth of each student. Marin Catholic recognizes students need a developmental approach to learning and life skill experiences. Therefore, school counseling is seen as developmental in nature, building upon previously learned skills.
The program's mission is to provide academic and personal support services that will assist each student to develop the highest degree of personal responsibility and growth. Emphasis is placed on academic preparation and course scheduling, decision-making, social development, and especially on the college search, selection and application process. Counselors report to the Director of Counseling and Dean of Studies.
Qualifications, credentials, experience, knowledge & skills for the position:
1. Bachelor's degree in related field, Master's degree, preferred
2. High school counseling experience, preferred
3. Practicing Catholic in good standing, preferred
4. Desire and ability to witness to his or her personal faith journey and actively model the mission and Catholic identity of the school
5. Counseling credential, preferred
6. Ability to collaborate effectively with faculty, students, parents and staff
7. Intellectually curious and willing to grow professionally
8. Excellent communication skills and eagerness to work as a collaborative team member is essential
9. Maintains best professional practices in communicating with peers, students and parents
Salary ($69,948-$105,169) and benefits are according to a Union contract.
Full-time Faculty at Marin Catholic are eligible for benefits including health and dental insurance, medical and dependent care flex plan, Archdiocesan pension, and 403b.
Interested applicants for positions should submit a letter of interest and current resume by email to Michelle Mayfield-Baske, Director of Human Resources.
Marin Catholic High School is located at:
675 Sir Francis Drake Blvd.
Kentfield, CA 94904