Original Job Posting
Job Summary: St. Ignatius is seeking an enthusiastic community builder to help recruit volunteers, maintain the established relationships with our volunteer base in a variety of ministries and supporting the parish-based pastoral young adult ministry.
· Recruit volunteers and maintain existing relationships in a variety of ministries
· Share and promote new volunteer opportunities as they arrive
· Keep our volunteer pool connected and interested in serving at our parish
· Recruit and support coordinators for major parish events (ministries faire, fundraisers, Fall Festival, picnics etc.)
· Process volunteer paperwork with the diocese and maintain parish records (Safe Haven and Fingerprinting)
Specific Areas of Responsibility:
Encourage, support and staff the Young Adult Ministry
· Encourage involvement in parish activities and volunteering
· Assist and support the once-a-month Young Adult Events after 5:30 pm Sunday liturgy – (1st Sunday – Slice of Grace and 3rd Sunday – Linger)
· Publish Monthly newsletter with all events and manage social accounts (Facebook & Instagram)
· Explore the need for a group for young married couples to go along with the young singles
Support Outreach Ministries
· Regular office hours for assisting drop-ins
· Hand out local resource list and information
· Connect guests with St. Vincent de Paul Conference (SVDP)
· Distribute waters, snacks, and toiletries to our in-need visitors
· Manage and sort all food, clothing, and hygiene donations
Sharing God’s Bounty (monthly dinners)
· Oversee volunteers at event - High schoolers and parishioners
· Providing Bulletin and Website blasts to Communications Coordinator
· Promoting the meal schedule to local non-profit outreach groups
· Coordinate donation needs with Bounty ministry leader
Oversee Feed-a-Family at Lent and Advent to provide food baskets for 250 families Easter and Christmas meals
· Oversee signups, coordinates volunteers, promote food collection and manage communication with the parish and affiliate groups
· Work with parish staff and school to coordinate collection and events
Explore assistance for parishioners who request help in their homes with Housekeeping, Caregiving, & Companionship (Senior Connections Ministry)
Interface with the parish CORE Program Coordinator (Collaborative Organizing for Racial Equity) and the Jesuits West Province
Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
Experience: Three to Five years of ministry experience in a Catholic parish; proven ability to work in collaboration with other delegating and supervising tasks.
Skills/Knowledge: Must be proficient in using technology, including Microsoft Office, ability to master new technologies, good organizational skills; ability to maintain strict confidentiality; professional temperament and appearance; ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form using correct Catholic Church grammar and punctuation; practicing Catholic with knowledge and understanding of the Catholic Church in general; ability to work and relate to a variety of personalities and cultures with diplomacy, friendliness and poise. Able to work in a team-oriented environment, handle multiple assignments consecutively and prioritize workload while meeting deadlines.
Sacramento, CA 95825, USA
Please send cover letter, resume and Diocesan pre application to Laura Chacon, Business Manager at [email protected]