Original Job Posting
Job Summary: St. Ignatius is seeking an enthusiastic community builder to help recruit volunteers, maintain the established relationships with our volunteer base in a variety of ministries and supporting the parish-based pastoral young adult ministry.
· Recruit volunteers and maintain existing relationships in a variety of ministries
· Share and promote new volunteer opportunities as they arrive
· Keep our volunteer pool connected and interested in serving at our parish
· Recruit and support coordinators for major parish events (ministries faire, fundraisers, Fall Festival, picnics etc.)
· Process volunteer paperwork with the diocese and maintain parish records (Safe Haven and Fingerprinting)
Specific Areas of Responsibility:
Encourage, support and staff the Young Adult Ministry
· Encourage involvement in parish activities and volunteering
· Assist and support the once-a-month Young Adult Events after 5:30 pm Sunday liturgy – (1st Sunday – Slice of Grace and 3rd Sunday – Linger)
· Publish Monthly newsletter with all events and manage social accounts (Facebook & Instagram)
· Explore the need for a group for young married couples to go along with the young singles
Support Outreach Ministries
· Regular office hours for assisting drop-ins
· Hand out local resource list and information
· Connect guests with St. Vincent de Paul Conference (SVDP)
· Distribute waters, snacks, and toiletries to our in-need visitors
· Manage and sort all food, clothing, and hygiene donations
Sharing God’s Bounty (monthly dinners)
· Oversee volunteers at event - High schoolers and parishioners
· Providing Bulletin and Website blasts to Communications Coordinator
· Promoting the meal schedule to local non-profit outreach groups
· Coordinate donation needs with Bounty ministry leader
Oversee Feed-a-Family at Lent and Advent to provide food baskets for 250 families Easter and Christmas meals
· Oversee signups, coordinates volunteers, promote food collection and manage communication with the parish and affiliate groups
· Work with parish staff and school to coordinate collection and events
Explore assistance for parishioners who request help in their homes with Housekeeping, Caregiving, & Companionship (Senior Connections Ministry)
Interface with the parish CORE Program Coordinator (Collaborative Organizing for Racial Equity) and the Jesuits West Province
Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
Experience: Three to Five years of ministry experience in a Catholic parish; proven ability to work in collaboration with other delegating and supervising tasks.
Skills/Knowledge: Must be proficient in using technology, including Microsoft Office, ability to master new technologies, good organizational skills; ability to maintain strict confidentiality; professional temperament and appearance; ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form using correct Catholic Church grammar and punctuation; practicing Catholic with knowledge and understanding of the Catholic Church in general; ability to work and relate to a variety of personalities and cultures with diplomacy, friendliness and poise. Able to work in a team-oriented environment, handle multiple assignments consecutively and prioritize workload while meeting deadlines.
Sacramento, CA 95825, USA