Original Job Posting
JOB SUMMARY: The Director of Catechetical Ministries has primary responsibility for all Religious Education Programs for children, Sacrament preparation, Adult Education, RCIA, Adult Confirmation and the Baptism Program for infants and school age children.
Religious Education Program for Children
· Plan and organize Religious Education Program for Kindergarten - Junior High
· Catechist Supervision
· Sunday Children’s Liturgy of the Word
· Christian Initiation for school age children (RCIC)
· Coordinate Parish and School Sacramental (First Eucharist & Confirmation) Preparation Programs
· Baptismal Program
Adult Religious Education
· The Adult Education program in the Parish
· Parish Adult Education sponsored programs
· RCIA Program
· Catholics Come Home
· Adult Confirmation Program
· Responsible the supervision of Catechetical personnel and all volunteers under Catechetical Ministries
· Provides Guidance and support to the coordinators and team of each program:
· Finger printing
· Safe Haven Program
Pastoral Staff Member
· Attend Pastoral Staff and staff meetings
· Assist in overall pastoral care of the parish community
· Participates as needed in problem solving and conflict resolution
Participation in Parish, Diocesan and other Committees
· Parish Liaison with our school and parish staff
Administration in the following areas:
· Understanding of the methods needed to work collaboratively with persons and agencies within a parish structure
· Ability to apply appropriate managerial principles and administrative skills to the coordination of a parish program
· Understanding of computer skills
· Understanding of financial management
· Responsible for yearly budget for all three programs
· Responsible for yearly calendar of activities for each program
· Responsible to request in advance all the facilities needed for the entire program activities for the year
· Responsible to keep accurate records of all programs.
· Responsible to submit all the “room set-ups” for all the events to maintenance.
Accountability in All Areas
The Parish Director of Catechetical Ministries will:
· Have regular office hours
· Be directly accountable to the Pastor
· Responsible for the supervision of Catechetical personnel and all volunteers under Catechetical Ministries
· Report activities to the Pastor and Parish staff
· Responsible to meet the Diocesan Requirements for the Finger printing of all volunteers and Coordinators for all Catechetical programs.
· Accountable to the HR and Diocesan personnel for the “training and record keeping of the “Safe Haven” Program.
Benefits– 40 hours
Health Insurance Benefits
HOLIDAYS—Given by the Diocesan Office
VACATION- hours accrued per Diocesan yearly scale
SICK LEAVE - hours accrued per Diocesan yearly scale
FLEXIBLE work shifts during busy Liturgical Seasons
Education: Master Degree preferred; Bachelor Degree in related field will be accepted
Experience: Three to five years of paid ministry experience in a Catholic parish; proven ability to work in collaboration with other delegating and supervising tasks.
Skills/Knowledge: Must be proficient in using technology, including Microsoft Office, ability to master new technologies, good organizational skills; ability to maintain strict confidentiality; professional temperament and appearance; ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form using correct grammar and punctuation; practicing Catholic with knowledge and understanding of the Catholic Church in general; ability to work and relate to a variety of personalities and cultures with diplomacy, friendliness and poise. Able to work in a team-oriented environment, handle multiple assignments consecutively and prioritize workload while meeting deadlines.
Sacramento, CA 95825, USA
Please send cover letter, resume, and Diocesan pre application to Laura Chacon, Business Manager at [email protected].