Compensation: A competitive salary & full benefits package is offered. Commensurate with the candidate's training and experience, the salary ranges from $58,000 to $105,000. Health coverage includes spouse and family.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS/JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. A member of the Counseling Department.
2. Monitor the academic and developmental progress for approximately 175 students.
3. Knowledge of and facility with PowerSchool.
4. Document all meetings with students in PowerSchool.
5. Work with students, teachers and parents to meet the academic, personal, social and spiritual needs of the students.
6. Counsel small groups and individual students.
7. Consult with teachers, staff and parents meeting the developmental needs of students.
8. Refer students with critical and or learning needs (in consultation with their parents) to the school's Academic Services Coordinator.
9. Collaborate in the implementation, evaluation, and improvement of the school's counseling program.
10. Collaborate in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of the Social Emotional Learning Program.
11. Demonstrate professional conduct and pursue professional growth in a Catholic Lasallian community.
12. Teach one five-credit (one twelve-week trimester) class per year in an appropriate field of expertise.
• A certificate in College Counseling or its equivalent.
• Master's degree in Counseling, Guidance Counseling, or its equivalent.
• Excellent writing skills and public-speaking skills.
• Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
• A collegial and collaborative working style, able to engage constructively with colleagues.
• Deep knowledge of colleges and universities, including their academic programs, admissions policies, financial policies, and other pertinent procedures.
• Experience in high-school college counseling or college admissions.
• Ability to respond effectively to the needs of a diverse student and parent population.
• Practicing Catholic and a commitment to the Lasallian Catholic mission of Saint Mary's.
• A commitment to actively and positively support the spiritual, academic, & social lives of students.
• Innovative, enthusiastic, energetic and flexible.
• Engaging interpersonal skills and strong speaking presence.
• An interest in and facility with data analysis.
• Familiarity with computer-based transcripts, schedules (i.e. Power School), and college search software (i.e. Scoir).
Please email a cover letter and resume to the Assistant to the Principal, Elizabeth Haro, at [email protected]. Please include your name and "College Counselor" in the Subject Line.
Berkeley, CA 94706