Birth Choice is seeking a dedicated and detail-oriented individual to serve as an RN Medical Team Member. This individual reports directly to the Director of Medical Services.
Primarily, candidates must be passionately committed to the pro-life cause in all its dimensions, as expressed in Birth Choice's Statement of Organizational Belief and Conduct and have a strong desire to help women considering abortion.
As part of the Birth Choice of San Marcos team which provides support and care to the clients, the RN Medical Team Member maintains professional standards of care in conformity with the Hippocratic Oath and works in conjunction with other Birth Choice clinic personnel to assure that clients are receiving the best medical, nursing, and psychosocial care possible. As a member of the Birth Choice team, attendance is required at 3 of the 4 scheduled quarterly in-service meetings.
Candidates must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written. They must be tactful and composed in their interactions with a variety of people in a wide range of circumstances.
1. Follows Personnel Handbook Conflict Resolution using Matthew 18 principles.
2. Is dependable, stable, and capable of following through on commitments.
3. Has a sincere desire to reach out to at-risk patients considering abortion.
4. Maintains a consistent life-affirming philosophy and would never refer or advise a client to have an abortion or refer for Birth Control.
5. Is licensed/registered and in good standing in the state of California as an RN.
6. Is current in certification for Basic Life Support (BLS).
7. Possesses physical stamina required for standing for extended periods of time, good eyesight, or corrected vision to view images in dimmed light.
8. Shall have a health examination within 6 months prior to or within 15 days after commencing work and at least annually thereafter by a person lawfully authorized to perform such examinations.
9. Successfully completes a comprehensive didactic course in addition to hands-on ultrasound skills training as required or needed for limited OB Ultrasounds.
1. Good hand-eye coordination
2. Strong technical skills (working with computers, typing)
3. Spatial ability
4. Detail orientation
5. Critical thinking skills
6. Team player
7. Time management skills
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Ensures that the client feels welcome upon her arrival for the medical examination.
2. Performs history and physical examinations such as ultrasound, vital signs, pregnancy tests, etc.
3. Reinforces the humanity of the unborn child with the client.
4. Provides client education according to Birth Choice of San Marcos Policies and Procedures including spiritual education and well-being.
5. Respects confidentiality and privacy per HIPAA.
6. Ensures that OSHA guidelines are followed.
7. Completes necessary client documentation in a timely manner.
8. Actively pursues opportunities for professional development through continued education and training.
Additionally desired skills:
• Proficiency in the use of client management software
• Spanish language fluency
Salary is commensurate with experience, education, and skills, but will be no less than $25.00 per hour and no more than $30.00 per hour.
If you fit the profile for Birth Choice's RN Medical Team Member, please submit your resume and cover letter to Birth Choice at [email protected]
San Marcos, CA 92078