Job Title: Lacrosse Head Coach - Women's
Reports to: Athletic Director
Commission: $2,500.00 to $4,000.00
The Mission of Christian Brothers
Christian Brothers High School is a Lasallian Catholic coeducational college preparatory high school. We are dedicated to inspiring and empowering young men and women with a challenging, relevant, and diverse academic program and co-curricular activities. Students thrive in a Christ-centered community that fosters faith, integrity, global citizenship, leadership, and service, preparing students for college and life.
Summary of Position: The head coach of an athletic program at Christian Brothers High School is responsible for all matters about the organization and administration of the team under their direction. The successful candidate will be required to adhere to all local, state, and federal laws, policies, and guidelines governing Christian Brothers and the Athletic Department, including the California Interscholastic Federation (CIF) regulations and the standards of ethical conduct for interscholastic athletic team programs. A Head Coach at Christian Brothers High School is to be an exemplary role model for the athletes, school, and community.
The successful candidate shall recognize that athletics aims to promote the individual's physical, mental, moral, and emotional well-being.
1. Responsible for the overall supervision and development of the program.
2. Responsible for time required for the off-season, summer, and in-session practice and competition.
3. Responsible for hiring assistant and lower level coaches (with Athletic Director approval) and acting as a liaison between Athletic Director and coaching staff.
4. Responsible for monitoring the coaching staff's assignments, duties, and required training/certifications.
5. Responsible for overseeing and maintaining the program budget, which includes submitting an annual budget to the Athletic Director.
6. Responsible for the general upkeep, inventory, and protection of equipment and facilities under the program's jurisdiction.
7. Responsible for the safety and security of the team before, during, and after program events.
8. Maintain ongoing communication with the Athletic Director regarding any developments in the program, including injuries, complaints, or concerns.
9. Report any unsafe conditions to the Athletic Director and Maintenance Supervisor.
10. Positively promote the program and the Christian Brothers Athletic Department by:
11. Attending all athletic department meetings and specified events
12. Creating non-league contests and tournaments
13. Establishing positive relationships with local athletics organizations, booster groups, foundations, and community members
14. Monitoring the academic eligibility and conduct of athletes
15. Modeling and promoting behaviors that promote sportsmanship and Christian Brothers High School values at all times
16. Responsible for obtaining the Athletic Director's approval of spirit pack designs before ordering.
17. Responsible for overseeing distribution and payments for spirit packs; money collected to cover the cost of spirit packs are submitted to Athletic Director for deposit into the sport account.
18. Responsible for obtaining completed 'Athletic Consent and Release forms for each athlete before their participation/tryout.
19. Responsible for submitting non-league schedules, early dismissals and transportation need to the athletic administrative assistant.
20. Act as the first line of communication with parents and student-athletes.
21. Be a conduit of communication with all coaches within the program and the athletic department.
Job Qualifications and Competencies
1. Requires successful experience in playing the sport of application in either:
a. Organized community, High School, Collegiate, Professional, or
b. Successful experience in coaching the sport of application
2. All prior experience as an athletic coach required positive conduct and no disciplinary action.
3. Requires the ability to carry out the position's duties and responsibilities and accomplish its objectives.
4. Requires knowledge of the rules and regulations of the sport, policies, and practices of Christian Brothers High School, the league/district in which Christian Brothers participates the CIF, and the standards of ethical conduct of interscholastic athletic team programs.
5. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel, and twist on an intermittent or sometimes continuous basis
2. Ability to grasp, push, and/or pull objects
3. Ability to reach overhead
4. Ability to operate a telephone
5. Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
6. Ability to operate a computer
7. Ability to process written, visual, and/or verbal information
8. Ability to operate basic office equipment and tools PC, Fax Machine, Telephone, Calculator, Copier, Printer.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the position's essential duties with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment to meet the physical requirements of the position. Christian Brothers High School will attempt to satisfy requests if the accommodation does not result in an undue hardship.
Please note: Proof of COVID-19 vaccinations will be required as a condition of employment for all CBHS faculty and staff
Those interested should submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected] Along with your submission in the subject line, please list the title of the position you are interested in applying for. This position is open until filled.
This document in no way constitutes an offer of employment nor acts as terms and conditions of employment.
Christian Brothers High School is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Minorities/Women/Veterans/People with Disabilities.