Job Title: Principal
Reports to: President
Status: Fulltime, 12 months
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary Range: $117,000 - $132,000 DOE
The Mission of Christian Brothers
Christian Brothers High School is a Lasallian Catholic coeducational college preparatory high school. We are dedicated to inspiring and empowering young men and women with a challenging, relevant, and diverse academic program and co-curricular activities. Students thrive in a Christ-centered community that fosters faith, integrity, global citizenship, leadership, and service, preparing students for college and life.
Summary of Position:
Christian Brothers High School is a Lasallian Catholic, coeducational secondary school that provides a college preparatory curriculum for students of diverse abilities, cultures, and faiths. Founded in 1876 by the Brothers of Christian Schools, the school continues to support the youth of the Sacramento area in the tradition of its founder, St. John Baptist de La Salle. Current enrollment is strong, with over 1,150 talented students.
Christian Brothers High School operates with a President-Principal model of leadership. As such, the principal is a key educational leader of the school and is responsible for the school's educational programs in collaboration with the school's Catholic identity, mission, and vision. The principal is primarily responsible for the academic,
co-curricular, and community service life of the school. The principal is expected to foster, motivate and oversee the academic and spiritual growth of students, and support faculty and parents in collaboration with other members of the school's Leadership Team. The principal reports directly to the president.
The ideal candidate possesses the following:
• Roman Catholic who sees his/her commitment to Catholic education as a ministry;
• Willingness to embrace the Lasallian Catholic identity, principles, and virtues;
• Zeal for serving the CB community through attendance of school events, athletics, fundraisers, and more;
• Ability to build meaningful relationships with faculty and staff, students, parents, alumni, and other stakeholders for the benefit of the school community;
• MA/MS degree in School Administration or another related area;
• California secondary teaching or administrative credential;
• Ten or more years of experience as a teacher and/or administrator;
• Experience teaching, developing curriculum, and managing employees at a high school;
• Passion for education and a dedication to students, faculty, and parents;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Leadership skills that inspire collaborative and enthusiastic participation from school stakeholders.
• Establishes an organizational structure through which working relationships and lines of authority and responsibility for the administration of the school are clearly defined;
• Provides student personnel services, such as counseling services and programs designed to support student academic achievement and personal growth;
• Coordinates the development, implementation, and evaluation of a curricular program to provide quality education which meets the needs of the students;
• Provides a co-curricular program that enhances the religious, cultural, and recreational dimensions of the school, which serves the needs and interests of the students;
• Be a visible leader in promoting, advocating for, and illustrating the mission and the collective educational vision of the school with all constituencies;
• Supervises and evaluates assistant principals, deans, teachers, and staff;
• Collaborates with the President and Chief Financial Officer to develop the school budget, manage departmental funds, and serves as a responsible steward of school and family resources;
• Recruits and maintains competent professional faculty and staff and provides development programs that encourage their spiritual and professional growth;
• Supervises ongoing school-wide school improvement plans developed by the school to ensure LCAP/WCEA/SE and other accreditations;
• Supports the offices of the president, philanthropy, and communications in promoting and participating in fundraising activities;
• Works closely with the president to ensure the overall and ongoing success of the school through planning and development.
Christian Brothers High School offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience and health care and pension plan benefits.
1. Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel, and twist on an intermittent or sometimes continuous basis
2. Ability to grasp, push, and/or pull objects
3. Ability to reach overhead
4. Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
5. Ability to operate a computer
6. Ability to process written, visual, and/or verbal information
7. Ability to operate basic office equipment and tools PC, Fax Machine, Telephone, Calculator, Copier, and Printer.
Qualified individuals must perform the position's essential duties with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment to meet the physical requirements of the position. Christian Brothers High School will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation would not result in undue hardship.
Those interested should submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected] Along with your submission in the subject line, please list the title of the position you are interested in applying. This position is open until filled.
Please note: COVID-19 vaccinations will be required as a condition of employment for all CBHS faculty and staff.
This document neither constitutes an offer of employment nor acts as terms and conditions of employment.
Christian Brothers High School is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Minorities/Women/Veterans/People with Disabilities