OLSC Retreat Center is nestled in the foothills of Cupertino amidst stunning hilltop vistas and our retreat center provides an atmosphere of tranquility and peace. Working here means collaborating with great people in achieving the Catholic Church's modern evangelizing mission! We also offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan as under:
Benefits: 15 days of paid vacation leave, 5 days of sick leave (accrues to a max of 20), 2 personal days, 13 paid holidays, employer health care plan (HSA and PPO options available), employer paid short-term disability, employer paid Basic Life Insurance ($50k), optional employee paid long term disability and additional life insurance for employee, spouse and dependents and a 401k plan with company match.
Position will report directly to CEO and indirectly to Director, Operations
Position is based in Cupertino, CA, but allows for hybrid work 3 days per week
The Retreat Center Promoter is responsible for all promotional activities to maximize retreat attendance (resident, commuter, and virtual). The promoter will identify target recruitment populations (e.g. parishes, Catholic organizations, and Catholic schools in the South Bay region), create Retreat Center visibility, and execute retreat-specific promotional campaigns. The Promoter will also be responsible for fundraising event planning and coordination as assigned in collaboration with the Retreat Center Operations and Programming Groups.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES Including, but not limited to the following:
• Recruit attendees for all Retreat Center offerings
• Establish relationships with administrators of parishes, Catholic organizations, and Catholic schools in the South Bay region to increase Retreat Center visibility
• Maintain contacts database with recruiting and donor prospects
• Design and conduct promotional campaigns to target specific retreatant criteria
• Periodically perform in-person direct outreach to partner organizations
• Coordinate digital outreach (email, social media)
• Promote fundraising events and campaigns
• Oversee/coordinate with contractors and/or volunteers as required for:
o Creation or distribution of promotional materials
o Creation of digital content and social media
o Organizational outreach
• BA Degree or equivalent
• Promotional/Sales/Marketing experience required
• Fundraising experience preferred (events, direct mail solicitation, one-one cultivation)
• Outgoing personality with excellent communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to communicate with a wide variety of customers, colleagues, and vendors
• Creative, project management and interpersonal skills
• Detail oriented
• Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously and effectively
• Experience delegating to and managing a project team
• Good knowledge of marketing principles, organizational skills, staffing, annual revenue and customer growth.
• Experience in marketing or sales promotion; website management; promoting cultural competency and/or diversity; social media and MS Office products.
• Practicing Catholic
Application must include a meaningful Cover Letter and Resume