Position: Full-Time English Teacher
Starting August 2021
Saint Mary's College High School is a Catholic Lasallian college preparatory located in north Berkeley. We offer an excellent college-preparatory education to a socially and economically diverse student body that values community. Our campus is located in Peralta Park in North Berkeley. To learn more about our school visit www.saintmaryschs.org.
We are a professional learning community that employs a Backward Design approach to course design, instruction, and assessment. The successful candidate is one who will collaborate daily with teaching colleagues and will be an enthusiastic, active contributor to the academic, co-curricular, and spiritual life of the school.
We are seeking a full-time English teacher able to teach students literature, poetry, composition, writing mechanics and punctuation to any of the four grade levels of English.
Professional Expectations for This Position:
• Bachelor of Arts Degree in English or Equivalent Field
• Skilled in literature analysis
• Familiarity with the historical context of a wide range of world literature
• Active California Teaching Credential or Masters Degree in Education
• Active participation in the co-curricular and spiritual life of the school
• Versed in various teaching pedagogy as well as outcome-based assessment and grading
• Skilled in classroom management and the development of adolescents
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Practicing Catholic
• Experience working in a Catholic high school
• Strong computer and technical skills
• Experience teaching high school students
• Willingness to engage students in co-curricular life
• Openness to actively support students' spiritual development
Competitive salary and benefits are offered.
Please submit cover letter and resume to: Ms. Elizabeth Haro, Assistant to the Principal, at [email protected] Please include your name and the position in the subject line.