The Orange Catholic Foundation (OCF) is a 501(c)(3) charitable corporation and an autonomous pious foundation that exists to serve the Diocese of Orange, including its parishes, schools and overall diocesan mission. The OCF plans and conducts major diocesan fundraising programs including the Pastoral Services Appeal (PSA), the Conference on Business & Ethics, the annual Wills & Trusts Weeks and other special fundraising events. The Foundation also provides consultation to parishes and schools on capital campaigns and overall mission advancement, manages endowments and various charitable funds and grants funds according to donor’s intent.
We are an autonomous, pious foundation that works in collaboration with members of our Diocese of Orange to raise, manage, grow and grant funds supporting all aspects of the Catholic faith following each donor’s intent.
The Data System Report Specialist reports to the Stewardship Officer and works closely with the Controller. The Data System Report Specialist is responsible for data analysis, developing data reports, and overall database health/maintenance. The position supports all Accounting and Partner Success staff with data entry, donor acknowledgements, updates records and database cleanup; creates/maintains guardrail queries, exports and reports and coordinates annual Catholic School Tuition Assistance grant process. This position also works with other Foundation staff as requested by the Stewardship Officer.
· Responsible for professional working relationships with staff, donors, community leaders, volunteers, Parishes, and schools.
· Develops reports to support development staff.
· Provides support for the fund development Foundation staff.
· Provides support for the Partner Success Manager, as needed.
· Coordinates annual Catholic School Tuition Assistance grant application process, from issuance of applications, to collection and tracking of applications, providing reports to Grants Committee for their consideration.
· Create new constituent records and update records.
· Create new campaigns, appeals, etc. in database as needed.
· Proactively follow-through on projects to successful completion while meeting strict deadlines.
· Flexibility in job assignments and responsibilities.
· Provide follow up support for all campaigns and appeals where appropriate.
· Designing, executing, and reviewing queries to assist with data integrity.
· Create gift reports, queries, exports, mailing lists, and donor recognition listings.
· Ensure donor database is accurate and up to date to ensure accuracy in order to produce routine reports used to assist in donor cultivation and solicitation.
· Work with staff to fully utilize and advance capacities of CRM database (Raiser’s Edge).
· Responsible for coding money that comes to the Foundation, including but not limited to: cash, checks, credit cards, gifts-in-kind, grants, and matching gifts.
· Responsible for accurate gift entry and speedy acknowledgement process, ensuring all data is entered accurately and in accordance with IRS guidelines.
· Responsible for handling and accurately cataloging event sponsorship and underwriting opportunities.
· Collaborate with the accounting department and ensure gifts are reconciled accurately.
· Work in partnership with Fund development staff to create a strategic prospecting system.
· Document and maintain department policies surrounding gift entry, acknowledgement.
· Good written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to organize and prioritize work.
· Other duties as assigned; assist with day-to-day needs of the Foundation.
· Monitors and identifies donor characteristics to develop strategies for developing deeper relationships with donors.
· Supports all data entry staff in understanding data definitions and schematics to ensure consistent entry.
· Supports event staff to created qualified lists for events based on strategic data and giving patterns.
· This position has no direct reports
· Courteous and professional manner with organizational and communication skills. Fluent in speaking and writing English, other languages is a plus. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, and Excel. Able to multi-task on several different types of activities. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
· Skilled at listening and considering issues, options and alternatives and facilitating problem analysis and resolution. Experience in the non-profit sector.
· A Bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required.
· Knowledge of computer hardware: Printers, projectors, and similar IT equipment in an office setting.
· Desired: Understanding of Catholic Church teachings and values, traditions, procedures and organizational structure. Use of Blackbaud Raisers Edge software or equivalent to maintain donor records, Experienced bilingual candidates who, in addition to English, are fluent in speaking, writing and interpreting other languages, are strongly encouraged to apply.
This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
The Orange Catholic Foundation is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.